Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
This position will be a key contributor to the Elanco Corporate Accounting and Reporting (ECAR) team. Primary responsibilities include the global accounting for inventory reserves. In addition, this role will actively support enterprise transformation initiatives including the ongoing integration activities following the acquisition of BAH.
- Preparation of monthly global reserve calculations, journal entries, and reporting related to unrealized profit in inventory (UPI).
- Perform certain month end closing related activities, including preparing and posting journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Facilitate job processing cycles in GVC, including data extraction from SAP during the pre-close cycles as well as close cycles
- Reconcile data load to ensure completeness for the period
- Ending balance comparison with respective ERP systems
- Request missing cost estimates
- Analysis of exception messages and data validation, including the remediation of all issue while partnering with Operations, Finance and GVC for resolution
- Analysis of changes within the value chain
- Local Cost analysis/reconciliation
- Update and maintain relevant S4 ERP tables (currency rates, etc)
- Preparation of monthly-close SOx deliverables, including audit and quality checks.
- Provide select schedules and footnotes for the quarterly and annual financial statement filings.
- Assure compliance with Elanco Global Accounting Policies and Practices.
- Proactively pursue opportunities for streamlining and improving processes.
- Prepare LIFO reserve calculations and related financial reporting, including footnotes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of related experience
- An understanding of US GAAP in relation to inventory
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred, especially costing and operational transactions
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant (or local equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills as position requires communication with employees in numerous geographic areas throughout the world
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, with a proven ability to produce high quality work
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities Ability to effectively work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and self-manage various projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Solid problem solving skills and ability to be innovative and creative
- Solid business partnering skills, with a customer focus, and a willingness to push back and challenge when necessary
- High learning agility
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Flexibility during peak closing periods
- Overtime is required based upon business needs and issues, particularly during closing at quarter and year-ends
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status