As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Your Role: Senior Director – Regional Consulting Vets (RCVs NE), US Pet Health
Within the Elanco US Pet Health Business Unit, the Senior Director – Regional Consulting Veterinarians (RCVs) will lead and manage the routine operations of the veterinary technical roles (RCVs) for their assigned region. The role reports directly to the Senior Director – Consulting Veterinarians, US Pet Health. The Senior Director – Regional RCVs will assist in creating and executing the vision of the Elanco Consulting Veterinarian Team. Duties include leading the RCV hiring decisions within their assigned region, managing day to day operations of assigned RCVs, developing and coaching team members, managing of budgets, and communicating and supporting the strategic direction of the US Pet Health. Domestic travel is required, averaging 35%, but can increase up to 50% or more during periods to meet business needs.
- Build and develop a motivated world-class veterinary technical team to position Elanco as an industry leader in Veterinary Clincs.
- Supervise field consulting veterinary staff, including hiring, managing, and implementing all performance management and individual development requirements.
- Lead and coach consulting veterinarians to provide effective technical support and training for Pet Health Sales organization.
- Collaborate with Elanco Training to assist in assessment, planning and execution of RCV and sales rep disease and product knowledge needs.
- Interact respectfully with leadership and colleagues across Elanco.
- Assist in the development of and communication of the strategic direction for the Regional Consulting Veterinarians.
- Collaborate with Pet Health Sales and Marketing teams to provide effective technical support and KOL contact for the US business.
- Advise and oversee team implementation of the strategy of KOL and student interactions at US veterinary medical colleges.
- Collaborate with technical marketing and other roles for development of the KOL network for Elanco portfolio categories, including assistance in the identification of appropriate consultants for meetings, advisory boards, and other functions.
- Provide support and input into marketing strategies and material development.
- Manage OPEX budget and resources for maximum efficiency.
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Graduate of an AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) accredited veterinary program with the corresponding veterinary degree. Licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the United States.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a practicing veterinarian in companion animal or mixed animal practice (companion animal focus) although consideration may also be given for experience in comparable industry roles. The practice experience may be in private, corporate, and/or academic environments.
- Experience in a field based veterinary industry consulting role or managing equivalent.
- A valid US driver’s license.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- A strong commitment to compliance with policies, procedures, and operating guidelines
- Experience in management of direct reports is highly desirable, particularly in the role of managing technical consultant veterinarians (i.e., RCVs) or other veterinary professionals.
- In-depth knowledge of Pet Health veterinary products.
- Strong leadership ability including communication, networking, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Ability to create a culture of engaged empowered employees and recruit, develop, and retain high quality technical talent.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong planning and executional skills.
- Understanding of category landscape, challenges, and opportunities to build strategy.
- Experience working effectively with sales and marketing organizations.
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Location: Global Elanco Headquarters – Greenfield, IN – Hybrid Work Environment – Relocation available
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status