Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Senior Director, Loyalty and Engagement is responsible for developing and leading direct consumer marketing initiatives and retention programs enabling Elanco to drive deeper engagement and greater value from customers through digital and loyalty channels. This role will help drive the larger digital vision and business plan through optimizing precision marketing, leveraging data to derive insights and actions across our brand portfolio investment and plans.
Reporting directly to the Chief Digital Officer Leader and closely collaborating with Marketing functions across the globe, this Senior Director will have the responsibility to develop and manage the Digital Communications & Loyalty Ecosystem and the Direct to Vet and to Consumer engagement strategy for our Brands, leading a team of digital and data professionals, collaborating with marketing and sales (incl.Ecommerce) and managing the external agencies landscape. This key leader is responsible for the thought leadership, plan development and implementation of Elanco’s consumer focused marketing programs driving growth and program ROI through acquisition, retention, reactivation and loyalty. They will act as the primary liason to external agency partners and will be the internal subject matter expert in CRM and loyalty, learning and leveraging industry trends while developing capabilities grow Elanco’s precison marketing discipline.
This leader must have a strong ability to be a thought leader in both strategy development and plan implementation, allowing them to effectively influence and cross-functionally communicate the value of programs to senior leaders, customers, and partners.
- Leadership and management of Elanco’s CRM and loyalty programs including annual goal setting, growth strategies, annual plan development and ongoing program optimization and forecasting to achieve goals.
- Create, manage & enhance our digital consumer experiences/marketing programs through thought leadership, strategy & implementation including brand, customer and consumer programs etc.
- Lead and project manage the implementation of CRM recommendations, in cross-functional partnership with I.T., the stakeholder team, analytics, etc.
- Act as the Loyalty/CRM subject matter expert; researching, learning, and applying the latest techniques and technologies to Elanco’s loyalty platform and communicating best practices throughout the organization.
- Track and measure program results using database & web analytics and other tools, identifying existing optimizations and new areas for improvement.
- Manage the P&L and budget for CRM/Loyalty programs, driving profitable program growth.
- Define and champion the role that direct marketing channels play in our digital strategy and apply those possibilities to drive Elanco business value.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing leadership to identify key capabilities and programs that align with the objectives of our Pet Health and Farm Animal organizations driving a smarter go to market communications approach.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ yrs direct and/or online marketing experience leading and managing CRM programs for a data focused business.
- 7+ years of experience in experience in both strategy and execution of digital marketing & media (including 2+ digital areas; Social, Performance Marketing, Loyalty and/or Engagement Marketing, Database Marketing, Direct to Consumer)
- 5+ years People Management
- 5+ years Loyalty Program/Digital Promotions Development & Management
- Experience in Digital Transformation 7-10+ years of experience in marketing and/or communications field
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Location: this role can be located anywhere in the US with ability to travel to Elanco’s corporate headquarters in Greenfield, IN, as needed.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status