As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Senior Director – Global Benefits
This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the functional design and administration of Elanco’s health and welfare benefits globally, including leave programs.
The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert in benefits design, principles, and practices, and can collaborate across HR, Finance, and Legal and in partnership with business leaders to ensure that benefits align with strategic objectives, attract, and retain top talent, are compliant with statutory regulations and promote the well-being of our employees.
- Monitor market practices, trends and legal requirements and lead the development/implementation of new initiatives to ensure benefit offerings remain market-competitive, sound financially, and legally compliant.
- Ensure legal compliance with ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, DOL, 5500 reporting, and all other regulations required by federal and state laws
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure excellent service and support. Identify vendors to solicit for benefit plan Requests for Proposal. Conducts comparative analysis of plan provisions, practices and costs, and partners with procurement and leadership in the selection and negotiation process.
- Lead benefits budgeting process, track spending, and ensure all costs are accounted for and reconciled.
- Lead and develop the benefits and leave administration team to ensure daily management of all benefits programs and execution of projects
- Establish and maintain networking relationships through active involvement and participation in business, social, community, boards, and activities
- Serves as subject matter expert and advisor to Senior Leadership on all benefits matters.
- Scales the administration of all benefits plans and programs to ensure efficient operations while keeping the employee experience front and center.
- Partners with external advisers and legal counsel to ensure that all benefits are compliant with all federal and local government regulations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to the Investment Committee for retirement plans ensuring that adequate processes and controls are in place to meet the Company’s fiduciary responsibility.
- Implements a communications strategy to ensure programs are understood and effectively utilized.
Minimum qualifications are the minimum requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in HR or related discipline.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Benefits, with 5+ years in a leadership role, ideally in a large global organization
- Experience with design, implementation, and administration of a wide variety of U.S. benefit health & welfare plans, and wellness plans.
- Experience with identifying, selecting, and managing vendors
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; working knowledge of HRIS databases
- Strong financial and quantitative skills, ability to use data analysis to proactively derive insights and support fact-based decision making.
- Ability to partner and influence across HR and with business leaders; and to build relationships, collaborate and influence outcomes
- Effective communicator at all levels with strong customer service focus
- Understands and embraces technology and has demonstrated experience delivering benefit programs and participant communications using various digital platforms
- Strong project, process improvement and time management skills
- Proven experience in vendor management, contract negotiations, and cost management
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Master’s degree and/or benefits certification
- Experience with Workday HRIS
- Prior M&A related Benefit integration/assimilation experience
- Experience with US and global leave administration
Work Location: Primary location for this position is Greenfield, IN at the Elanco Global Headquarters; hybrid work arrangement.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status