This position is part of the global Elanco Manufacturing finance team and supports a range of financial activities for the broader Elanco Manufacturing organization. This position has responsibility for planning (Business Plan and Strategic Plan), forecasting, reporting, and project work for the Elanco Global Manufacturing organization, and includes the following key responsibilities:
- Supervise controllers within the Elanco Finance central team
- Providing coaching and support for all aspects of planning, forecasting, and actual results reporting
- Supports project activities as dictated by business needs
- Oversee a wide range of financial controls within M&Q Finance
- Oversee Capital & Inventory Steering processes
- Member of Global Elanco Productivity Lead team to support & drive productivity measures across Elanco
The role has significant upward influence / exposure opportunities with Elanco and offers the opportunity to help shape and influence operational decisions for the business.
Key Objectives / Deliverables:
Supervise financial controllers within Central Elanco team:
- Direct supervisor for the Elanco M&Q central Finance Team providing coaching, talent management and support for planning, forecasting, and actual results reporting.
- Coordinates planning and forecasting activities with respective sites including Strategic Plans and Business Plans.
- Consults with peers on a wide range of business and accounting issues, ensuring compliance to financial and accounting policies.
- Consults with global and regional financial analysts, ensures appropriate alignment between Strategic Plan / Business Plan, and advises on ways to improve margins at a regional / affiliate level.
- Challenges the status quo and actively drives changes if needed
Financial Support for the M&Q Lead Team:
- Understands and represents site financial forecasts, plans, and actual results, including the broader income statement view of Variances and Product Costs.
- Directly supports the M&Q Lead Team and involves significant exposure and influence opportunities.
- Educate Lead team members in financial topics
- The position will drive the productivity agenda of global Elanco including serving as the direct supervisor of the Global productivity finance/Change agent
- Projects may include product / company acquisitions, Capital projects, Working Capital initiatives, etc.
- The Senior Director will work with cross-functional teams (e.g., Manufacturing, Finance, Regulatory, IT, etc.) to evaluate strategic initiative and provide direction to senior Elanco and Corporate management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Related Field
- MBA or relevant business experience preferred
- 8+ years of experience in financial role with strong track record in providing business support or controllership to business partners, Auditing experience is a preference
- Very Good Understanding of SOX Controls
- Strong communication skills, maturity, and professionalism necessary for interaction with a variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Knowledge of broader Elanco business and connectivity to both Commercial + R&D teams in order to support enterprise decisions
- Ability to assimilate information, analyze / synthesize key findings, develop action plans, and drive effective implementation – bias for action
- Strategic thinking, learning agility, analytical skills, and ability to perform complex analysis
- Manages ambiguity and hands on mentality
Location: Greenfield (US)
Travel Percentage: TBD
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status