The Senior Director, Digital Transformation is responsible for helping to advance our digital strategies and capabilities across the globe. The head of Digital Transformation leads working teams through implementation of the digital agenda in the way we work, the results, and ensures awareness through a communication and training strategy.
This Digital Transformation leader will create cohesion amongst Elanco’s 5 prioritized digital initiatives advancing our digital agenda, preserving the strategy and prioritization along the way. Ideal candidates must be able to lead extremely large, complex programs with business alignment and communications, resulting in the Digital IQ growth of the organization.
They will create a well-adopted strategy and implementation plan for how our digital transformation can succeed at Elanco; people, technology, financials, governance the core fundamentals of digital marketing using outside inspiration from the animal health industry and beyond. Ideal candidates must consider themselves true digital natives and will be called upon to act as both an evangelist for digital and a business owner, delivering innovative problem-solving techniques and an ability to drive business returns. This will require a healthy balance of innovative thinking, attention to details, great communications and business pragmatism, to ensure we continue to challenge status quo while maximizing our return on investment.
- Advance the company’s Digital Strategy Plan by championing the Transformation Roadmap to achieve short and long term business goals, keeping the big picture as milestones are achieved
- Right-hand to the Chief Digital Officer, leading the Change Management efforts across Marketing and other key functions incl Digital IQ, training, and adoption planning to build the knowledge of digital and agile methodology within Elanco
- Partnership with heads of digital disciplines to ensure delivery of data, technology, measurement, financial accuracy and governance of digital plans
- Lead activities with business and brand leaders across the company to develop the digital transformation approach incl agendas/priorities/roadmap that meet the needs of our Pet & Animal Health businesses
- Champion agile methodology across the Digital Ecosystem initiative to give Elanco speed to market and a test and learn mindset using learnings to inform ongoing prioritization
- Lead the sprint reflection meetings on a monthly basis in partnership with the initiative leads in order to reflect on the progress, learnings, and products in development
- Own the vendor landscape and the relationships across the digital ecosystem. This individual is responsible for ensuring we have the right vendors, at the right time, and the strategic partnerships are assessed on a regular basis. When priorities need to be made across projects, digital transformation leader will lead the process
- Run the operations for the digital ecosystem project, such as budget management, team communications, and executive presentation preparations
- Partner heavily with HR on our talent strategy, recruitment, and operating models of the future
- Creating awareness of the deprioritized activities to manage global expectations and create speed for the teams in the focused initiatives
- Lead the work with internal teams and outside vendors to define digital project scope, timeline and deliverables and overseeing execution against plans, foreseeing issues, and assuring consistency in how work is done with external and internal partners. They will be responsible for problem solving issues as they arise.
- Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders, including Central and Local Brand Marketing, IT, Project Management, Sales, Procurement, and Corporate Affairs to influence decision making. The individual must connect individuals across varying functions to be able to drive understanding, alignment, and collaboration. They are responsible for driving resolution of key issues and barriers to move work forward
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in marketing/digital/customer marketing/ecommerce role in consumer/customer facing industries
- 5+ years of experience managing large programs, initiative and/or transformations including change management techniques
- 3+ years People Management
- Deep experience in Digital strategy development and/or digital transformation
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Experience in evolving an organization from digital as a function to digital at the core of the integrated marketing approach and process
- Ability to influence and consult with cross-functional leadership, to inform decision making and help drive actions amongst a team
- Combination of technical breadth and depth to be able to influence cross-functional partners and manage an internal team and external partners to deliver digital outputs/deliverables
- Strong people and agency management skills & experience
- Preferable experience in 2+ industries: Pharma, Healthcare, CPG, Retail
- Ability to synthesize business priorities with corresponding transformation strategies to drive outcomes
- Balance short-term and long-term thinking and plans in a rapidly evolving digital environment applying how new technologies and consumer behaviors are evolving to inform ideation.
- Demonstrated experience managing operating budgets and project budgets
- Strong experience in project management methods to include AGILE solutions delivery and quality
- Consistently demonstrated success in a number of challenging and diverse business situations
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial mindset where work is moving fast, decisions are made from data and intuition
- Must be a self-starter with a strong desire to win.
- Experience in working in a matrixed organization with global talent
- Travel: Up to 25% travel – globally
- Location: This role can be located anywhere in the US with ability to travel to Elanco’s corporate headquarters in Greenfield, IN, as needed.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status