Elanco US Pet Health Retail is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to help our partners grow and to help our cross-functional teamwork smarter. You will source, drive, and build relationships with strategic retail partners across the sales and customer support ecosystems.
- Drive adoption of Elanco Animal Health product offerings among retailers
- Own the growth of Elanco Animal Health partners while facilitating product collaboration between partners and internal product teams
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, trends, and partner feedback to cross-functional teams
- Develop mutually beneficial and trusting relationships with partners – make Elanco Animal Health a preferred vendor partner
- Define partnerships strategies and execute on go-to-market plans that demonstrate a compelling value proposition for both parties
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business or life sciences, MBA degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of sales experience is required.
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with great attention to detail.
- A collaborative self-starter and thought leader who drives business forward and keeps our team ahead of trends.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with basic operational feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience developing first-of-kind, strategic deals which are creative and align business incentives
- Exceptional presentation and succinct communication skills with the ability to respond actionably to complex issues, both internally at Elanco Animal Health and externally with retail partners.
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
- CPG or Pet CPG experience across a wide range of customers
- Brand or Portfolio Marketing experience is preferred.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Knowledge of marketing and sales philosophy and practices related to the industry is preferred.
- The incumbent must understand and be able to apply new and emerging technologies, trends and regulations that offer the opportunity for increased productivity and effectiveness.
- The incumbent must also have excellent consulting and persuasion skills to identify and recommend strategies, programs and practices for adoption in each of the sales and marketing units.
- Ability to operate with entrepreneurial culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively cope with changing environment.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status