Corteva Agriscience is the only pure play agriculture company with global business and market share. Our Data Science team is looking for a passionate senior data scientist to join the optimization team to enhance our analytical pipeline by working on various optimization problems from breeding to farmers operations. You will have the chance to leverage advanced optimization and machine learning methods to tackle a wide range of real-world problems, such as product recommendation, planning, logistics, prediction and forecasting and workload matching. The problems may be black box or white box, stochastic or deterministic and highly intractable optimization problems.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Design analysis, conduct analysis, and incorporate analysis into pipelines.
- Build production-level models on large-scale datasets to help Corteva maximizes its complex systems’ global performance.
- Build data pipeline from multiple sources and extract data insight with data exploration and visualization techniques
- Design, implement, productionize, and deploy data science products with consideration of optimality and computation complexity
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including product, engineering, and operations team to ensure that our data science product supports Corteva’s business objectives
- Explore the latest trends of machine learning and optimization techniques to come up with solutions for complex data challenges
- Solid knowledge in advanced optimization algorithms including stochastic optimization, mixed integer programming models, network flows models, heuristics, meta-heuristics etc.
- Experienced with solvers like CPLEX and Gurobi
- Experienced with simulation approaches, e.g. Monte Carlo, MCMC
- Experienced with recommendation systems and deep re-enforcement learning approaches
- Knowledge in developing flexible models based on vehicle routing, scheduling, and graph theory to solve for challenging combinatorial optimization problems.
- Passionate about building scalable, reliable data driven products
- Ability to write production grade code in programming languages, such as Python, R and C++, with understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks
- Familiarity of common deep learning models
- Familiarity of model assessment and validation process; apply the best practice techniques for model testing and parameter tuning
- PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering and Mathematics or other quantitative fields with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, mathematical programming modeling and optimization.
- Expertise in one or more areas among: Machine Learning – Classical methods/ Deep Learning/ Reinforcement Learning, Causal Inference, Statistics.
- Demonstrated production-level coding and programming abilities
- Experience of building large-scale Machine learning driven or optimization products
- Good communication skills
Would like to have:
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Experience with building production pipelines
- Capability of conducting independent research to keep track of latest development and trend in the industry and academia
- Experience with distributed systems and tools such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Published work in top tier journals and conferences (KDD, INFORMS, Neurips, GECCO, NIPS, ICML, WWW).
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.