The Consultant – HR Systems, Workday supports and maintains the global human resource information system, Workday. The role serves as a primary contact for issue resolution, questions or requirements that result in functional configuration changes, and business process design for the Payroll and Time modules.
Responsible for ensuring data integrity, documentation and successful testing of system changes, and analyzing business processes for improvement opportunities. Workday modules supported include Time Tracking and Payroll. Elanco is a global organization that supports more than 40 countries on the Workday platform.
- Provide Workday functional consulting and direction to members of the CoEs, HR functions (HR Operations, Time and Attendance, Payroll) and other business key stakeholders
- Designs and Develops Payroll and Time Entry system processes using Workday at Elanco
- Supports functional system configuration in Workday with a strong focus on the Payroll and Time Entry Function
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of data entered into HRIS system (Workday).
- Prepares adhoc reports as needed using Workday or other tools.
- Understand functional and technical architecture of Workday and related interfaces that serve as data providers
- Must be comfortable developing and owning processes and procedures including researching best practices, requirements gathering, documenting, testing, and communicating new process and procedure to Elanco’s Global organization
- Assists and in some cases owns the formulation of procedures and best practices for users of HRIS systems
- Propose, document and implement new or revised processes to improve data integrity, security management, configuration and promote the consistent use of HR data and HRIS systems
- Monitors business processes in Workday to ensure alignment with process flow documentation
- Adheres to all company, country, local and other applicable laws or SOX requirements with respect to data usage and storage
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in HR Operations, HR Payroll and Time Entry, HRIS, HR Technology or IT with an emphasis on Workday configuration roles
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Workday payroll configuration experience highly preferred
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint Advanced MS Excel Skills
- Strong analytic and diagnostic skills as well as a data-driven and metrics-driven approach
- Experience with SAP, or other HCM system.
- Accuracy and thoroughness while meeting customer needs in timely manner
- Ability to refine processes based on best practices
- Ability to work across cultures and across diverse management styles
- Maintain a consistent, high level of productivity
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify root causes and drive towards a solution despite ambiguity or uncertainty
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects within tight time constraints
- This role can be located anywhere in the US with ability to travel to Elanco’s corporate headquarters in Greenfield, IN, as needed.
- Work does not require a specific location or specialized equipment and can work successfully and productively across an ecosystem of different locations to support convenience, functionality, flexibility, and well-being. Flexible workers are expected to come on-site about half the time
- 10% of travele