As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
We are seeking an individual to join our tax department who wants to grow professionally and enjoy doing it! We offer you:
- A complex international structure
- Involvement in the formulation of Global transfer pricing policy
- Open-door, team-oriented culture
- Diverse job with tremendous opportunity to learn
This position is responsible for providing primary support and analysis in the Global Transfer Pricing function within the Elanco Global Tax department. This position is a key role of the company’s strategy to leverage best practices and tax strategies, support integration of previous acquisitions and future growth, and streamline processes and activities across the organization to return value to our customers. This position will be heavily involved in the development of intercompany processes and execution of the global transfer pricing policy by developing an in-depth understanding of our supply and value chain and collaborating with cross functional teams to drive value through the design and implementation of intercompany processes. This role will also perform detailed analysis of legal entity profits across the organization and provide guidance on design and policy improvements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews intercompany product and service flows within S4 HANA and collaborate with Master Data, Supply Chain and Finance teams on operational transfer pricing procedures.
- Partner with International Tax, Tax Accounting, and other members of the global Tax team to ensure the transfer pricing models are in alignment.
- Prepares computations and analysis to support the Company’s quarterly and annual Transfer Pricing Monitoring process, including maintenance of the global mix analysis, review of distributor profits via segmented P&L reports and calculation of adjustments as needed.
- Assists in the preparation and management of transfer pricing planning & documentation reports.
- Research transfer pricing issues and monitor evolving transfer pricing case law and legislation to evaluate impact to the transfer pricing policy and Company overall.
- Perform financial & economic analysis and assist in the building of financial valuation models.
- Assists with global tax audits and provide tax controversy support.
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary to identify gaps and process improvements and to maintain data and information.
- Develop and implement technical project management tools, such as plans, schedules, and responsibility and compliance matrices.
- Support the development of training materials and technical manuals.
- Support the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 process and maintain strong internal controls over transfer pricing processes.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve results in a team-oriented environment.
- Aptitude for process design.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid technical skills with Office based applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Comfortable with presenting to large audiences and executive leaders.
- Ability to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of intercompany accounting and applicable federal tax laws and regulations, especially in the area of transfer pricing.
- Experience with SAP, S4 Hana, Corptax Compliance software
- Knowledge and interest in improving processes and workflows by using tools such as Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience in cost accounting and intercompany accounting
- Knowledge and/or experience in International Tax
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Economics/Finance, Supply Chain, or Information Systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in international tax or transfer pricing
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status