Senior Advisor, Regional Agronomy – East Central Region, US (IN, OH, KY, TN)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Senior Advisor, Regional Agronomy plays an important role enabling organic growth through technical leadership and optimization of our North American Agronomic Network. This role will collaborate with Region and Division stakeholders, Proprietary Products, Seed, Digital Agronomy, Sustainability, and Local Agronomists to priorities and implement field validation trials and training of specific products, technologies, and solutions. This role will lead programs that increase product knowledge, confidence, and adoption of predictable, proven sustainable solutions and deliver locally validated outcome-based products and solutions that align with grower challenges and commercial targets.
What you will do:
- Lead area product performance resolution process and assist in documentation and investigation of customer complaints, as needed
- Provide leadership and set a clear vision for the Regional Applied Agronomy Team and align capabilities with the needs of the respective Divisions and Nutrien Ag Solutions
- Prioritize and oversee implementation of applied field demonstrations, solution validation, data capture, visualization, and training in the assigned region to support regional business goals
- In partnership with Division Marketing Managers, facilitate local technical marketing efforts focused on addressing grower pain points and production challenges while navigating them towards useful solutions
- Collaborate with data science and digital agronomy teams to create capabilities that optimize agronomic data capture, analysis, learnings, and knowledge transfer
- Establish and optimize a cyclical process to convert data into valuable, usable, locally relevant information and disseminate to support divisional business goals
- Collaborate closely with Division Leadership and local sales teams to identify and fill education and knowledge transfer gaps
- Increase crop consultant product knowledge, sales confidence, and adoption of predictable, locally demonstrated, sustainable products and solutions
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in agronomy, plant pathology, entomology, weed science or related field; Master or Ph.D. in agronomy, weed science, plant pathology, entomology or related discipline preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 7+ years of related experience required, preferably in consultative agronomic experience
- Thorough business acumen and demonstrated self-motivation, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and train others in new technologies and the use and application of crop inputs
- Proven ability to influence and ability to develop strong working relationships with internal/external stakeholders; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough computer skills (Precision Ag, statistical software, PowerPoint, reporting instruments, etc.)
- Ability to be engaged with assigned team 80% of the time
- Active participation in one or more professional agricultural organizations preferred
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) certification preferred
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.