- Serve as the DPL for assigned global projects, proactively managing project plan in accordance with approved timing and budget.
- Responsible for global animal health vaccine, and/or monoclonal and or Pet health pharmaceutical development from positive proof of concept to registration.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate development strategy is in place and sufficient milestones identified, monitored, and communicated.
- Accountable for assembling and revising the project team (SME support) and evolving it as the project progresses. Work with functional leadership to assign best aligned SMEs to project needs.
- Collaborate effectively and timely communicate with functional SMEs to plan and execute projects
- Set clear goals and objectives for the project team(s), hold self and others accountable.
- Positively influence, foster creativity, and motivate project team members.
- Align with project manager to ensure robust preparation/updates of project plans and timelines for assigned projects. Provide strategic inputs to facilitate accurate and timely project plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Identify & communicate to executive leadership project specific risks and opportunity including impacts.
- Identification & communication of project risk mitigation and remediation plans proactively
- Effectively lead engagements with regulatory agencies, external collaborators/vendors as needed for projects.
- Motivate project team members to push for creativity, foster culture of innovation and high trust
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- MS Degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Veterinary medicine, Chemistry, Biology or related sciences) with >10 years or PhD and/or DVM with >5 years of experience in leading multi-disciplinary vaccine or Pet health therapeutics development project(s) in the animal health industry.
- Proven history of global project leadership across multiple R&D stages
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategic thinking
- High emotional intelligence
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Preferred Skills/Experience and Education
- PhD and/or DVM with >5 years of global development project leadership experience in the animal health industry.
- Proven project leadership history across species and technology types, especially Vaccine, Monoclonal, and Pet Health Pharmaceuticals
- Proven project leadership at all stages of product development
- Demonstrated ability to work within regulated product development
- Good understanding of GLP and GCP regulations as they apply to pet health vaccine/biologics product development study design and regulatory compliance.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across functions and provide leadership through influence.
- Reports to: Executive Director, Product Development
- Direct reports: None
- Global Travel up to 20%.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status