Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
This position is located within Elanco’s Corporate Affairs function, which focuses on promoting and protecting Elanco’s corporate reputation, business and employee engagement around the globe through internal and external communications, digital/social media, shared value/cause, government affairs and market access.
The Sr. Advisor of External Communications is responsible for strengthening Elanco’s corporate reputation as a leader and changemaker in animal health. The role creates strategic thought leadership platforms that enhance Elanco’s vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life, amplify the company’s position as a leader within the Animal Health industry, as well as well as assessing and advancing the company’s corporate social and digital strategy. This role works collaboratively with internal and external partners to uncover and define opportunities to develop compelling content rooted in science and aligned with Elanco’s values and business objectives.
This position is also responsible for the strategy, development and execution of all internally and externally facing digital and social platforms, meeting our employees, customers and stakeholders where they live, work and play
- Developing strategic thought leadership platforms, narratives and content campaigns that advance business goals and objectives; in coordination with Global Corporate Communications colleagues, Global Market Access, Global Marketing, etc.
- Developing and implementing integrated and fluid corporate social/digital strategies across corporate platforms, and in sync with key milestones, and brand marketing.
- Leading strategy and execution of Elanco corporate social channels, the internal social sharing platform, Elanco.com and the intranet.
- Developing and managing project plans; communicate changes and progress and implement swift and decisive procedures to optimize opportunities and resolve issues.
- Positioning the digital team as the experts for social listening and utilizing that expertise as a differentiator internally and externally.
- Identifying leaders to effectively deliver content and provide coaching
- Identifying key external engagement opportunities (keynotes, events, media, online) where Elanco leaders can share content
- Defining benchmarks and standards to measure the impact of thought leadership initiatives on targeted business outcomes.
- Managing multiple stakeholder relationships with diverse groups and proactively drive delivery
- Creating and implementing employee engagement strategies to help senior leaders and all supervisors foster team dialogue and better alignment to the business strategy, building trust and confidence in management, ultimately impacting company culture and morale.
- Managing a team to sophisticate content delivery and deploy top quality content through multiple communications channels
- Managing budgets, contracts and external resources for thought leadership projects.
- Managing direct reports and supervising priorities, deadlines and projects that may involve multiple contributors to achieve measurable results in an environment of involvement and team work. Effectively coaches others in developing their skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or Public Relations
- 15+ years’ experience within Communications or Marketing
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Previous experience in agriculture/animal/food industry communications with excellent communication skills: written, social, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, with appropriate frequency and detail to all levels of the organization and partners.
- Ability to identify and create change to drive improved engagement and results.
- Ability to collaborate and involve others in the brainstorming and decision-making process.
- Continuously seeks feedback for improvement and goal achievement.
- Experience in developing and implementing communications plans.
- Ability to think strategically and broadly and translate strategy into action
- Proven ability to network and influence members of company management at all levels. Must be comfortable and confident in interacting with, making recommendations to, and providing feedback to leaders across the company and in support of communications.
- Priority-setting and project management
- Proven learning agility and ability to perform tasks independently with little hands-on management
- Up to 20% domestic and international
- Passport required
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.