Johnston, IA, US
Senior Accountant – Corporate Accounting
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Accountant within Corporate Accounting.
The Senior Accountant position maintains general ledgers and performs the complete accounting cycle in compliance with established practices and generally accepted accounting principles. This position provides accounting and financial reporting guidance to support business, functional and corporate needs. Analyzes, classifies, and reviews complex accounting transactions and interrelationships. Prepares interpretation of accounting results and advises management. Identifies complex accounting problems, researches solutions, and corrects problems. Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles. Ensures internal controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance with company standards and government regulations. May initiate and lead special projects for process improvements.
This is a highly visible position and will interact with External Reporting Group, Corporate Tax Accounting, Accounting Policy, Treasury/Credit, Internal Audit and PwC on a routine basis.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- EGL Global Process Owner and owner of the EGL variant in SAP systems.
- Control owner to check that exchange rates were loaded into SAP systems correctly.
- Analysis of the Company’s foreign currency exchange gains and losses and their local tax effect impact and preparation of related reports.
- Review FV and financial instruments footnotes for quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Perform an overall review of the Company’s EGL accounts and provide details of key components to leadership monthly.
- Owner of the hedging modeling database, including maintenance of controls, loading of balances and forecasted treasury transactions, interaction with regional team members, and review of legal entity monthly submissions.
- Prepare monthly hedging files and models to assist Treasury with hedging.
- Review monthly journal entries for Treasury FX hedge accounting.
- Assist with the compilation and tie-out of the quarterly P&L Financial Package.
- Review account reconciliations in compliance with the global account reconciliation policy to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyzes the CTA figures to summarize P&L impact and to identify any unusual activity.
- Work with various accounting and reporting systems to accomplish tasks and organize data for effective presentation.
- Lead & drive continuous improvement in the consolidation process.
Background and Experience – What you’ll bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-5 years of general Accounting experience.
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience preferred, not required.
- MBA/CPA preferred.
- Position requires strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task and proficiency in the use of systems, including Analysis for Office BPC, SAP and Windows Office.
- Candidate must be self-managed and self-motivated as well as effectively organize time and efforts to meet deadlines.
- Flexible with work schedule, as nights/weekends are needed during certain busy closing workdays.
- Good communication skills.
- Results oriented.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.