Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we’ve intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role….
This is a great opportunity for an exceptionally talented candidate to join our Seed Operations team. The primary function of this position is to manage and fulfill seed requests from inventory seed and to onboard externally procured seed. You will be responsible for maintaining relationships with Inari Legal, Regulatory and Commercial employees for the purpose of seed requests, management and onboarding. You will also contribute to the greater Seed Operations team by contributing to process development. This position is based in West Lafayette, IN.
As a Seed Operations Associate , you will…
- Manage the physical and electronic onboarding of seed into the Inari seed stock
- Manage the seed request process in order to distribute seed in line with team needs, supply, legal and regulatory requirements
- Distribute seed internally based on requests received, inventory, and established priorities
- Coordinate with seed quality personnel for quality testing related to seed requests
- Support the Seed Operations team in physical and electronic maintenance of the seed inventory
- Interact with multiple teams across departments to meet deadlines and company goals related to seed acquisition and distribution
- Operate seed counters to fill orders
- Manage seed shipping in the US and internationally and receiving, compliant with Inari policies and federal, state and local laws
- Support other functions with compliance requirements such as obtaining phytosanitary certificates related to seed movement
- Manage and order supplies as needed
- Contribute to process development and continuous improvement related to seed
- BA or BS in Agronomy, Plant Science, Ag Sales or related field.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
A bonus if:
- Experience in seed shipping (international)
- Experience with electronic inventory management, including barcoding practices
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave