Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 21,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience is looking for an innovative, energetic, and transformational Solution Architect (SA).
The Solution Architect (SA) acts as an owner of architecture design, technical strategy, and operational standards for products or product components in a Product Family. The SA directly works with a product team(s) to design and implement solutions to meet business needs in a secure, scalable, and reliable manner. The SA fosters productive teams, business value, standard and compliant solutions, and innovation.
Key Responsibilities – What you will do to help us grow!
- Designs structure of components and their inter-relationships alongside the Software Engineering Lead with performance, cost, scalability, and reliability in mind.
- Lead the evaluation, design, and analysis of solutions that meet business objectives in a complex multi-tier SAP landscape (ECC & HANA S/4) that adhere to SAP standards and best practices.
- Maintain close contact with SAP regarding solution assistance and technical guidance.
- Research complex application/System integration issues with functional teams; examine integration between various systems (SAP and non-SAP).
- Architect activities during upgrades and major releases with multiple stakeholders, working with Change and Release Management teams.
- Escalates to PFAs and PLAs when architecture deviation is needed.
- Works with Software Engineering Lead to drive Technical Excellence projects as needed.
- Aids in ensuring consistency of architectural principles for individual solutions.
- Comfortable with DevOps concepts and can mentor team or build their own pipelines and debug as needed.
- Generally, will not be allocated to the agile board.
- Should be able to solve most issues when working with Software Engineering Lead from teams.
- Participates in planning and execution of solution technical lifecycle and technical excellence with IT POs, PFAs, and PLAs.
- Ensures alignment of individual product roadmaps through IT POs and PFAs; includes alignment with technology roadmap and product line folios.
- Occasionally engages with the IT Product Owner, PFAs/PLAs on new demand request reviews, technical solutions/evaluations and POC needs for the Product Family.
- Goes to EA, Security and Privacy with PFA/PLA as needed to gain approval for new developed, purchased and SaaS solutions.
- Supports broader governance of EA and Engineering standards by driving principles within individual solutions.
- Engages with Software Engineering Lead, PFAs and PLAs on vendors on solution evaluations (SaaS and non-SaaS) and purchase recommendations.
- Enables product teams by performing POCs, evaluating and recommending new standards.
- Responsible for driving Corteva Security organization process and standards into solutions.
- Responsible for aligning the tools and technologies in solutions based on standards from PLA, PFA and EA in the tech radar and enterprise architecture lifecycle.
- Escalates issues and resolves organizational or technical problems as needed for a solution.
- Works with peers to develop and maintain policies, standards, guidelines (guiding principles), reference architectures / patterns, decision frameworks and metrics to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company.
Skills and Experience – What you’ll bring to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and engineering complex, high-quality IT solutions.
- Experience working on large SAP implementation projects including full testing lifecycle and post go-live support.
- Experience with data, integrations, and enterprise-level applications.
- Experience designing solutions in Microsoft Azure with a cloud-first mentality.
- Experience with web UI frameworks such as SAP Fiori, Angular, React, or Vue.
- Experience in design, implementation, and deployment of scalable API services.
- Experience with software development life cycle processes and Agile development.
- Familiar with CI/CD practices and Infrastructure as Code.
- Knowledge of micro-services.
- Experience with .Net framework and C#.
- Passionate about customer experience.
- Partner effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent teamwork, communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Agriculture and/or Digital Agronomy business domains.
- Experience with mobile application development and web services.
- Experience architecting global solutions.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.