Corteva Agriscience is looking for an SAP Finance Business Process Expert (BPE) to be part of the Digital & Platforms ERP Finance team. The BPE will be responsible for designing, configuring, testing, and maintaining the S/4HANA Finance (FI-CO-Taxes) application during the entire application lifecycle.
The role includes strong knowledge of business processes and supporting systems to ensure the ERP Finance team meets and exceeds business stakeholder needs. The position is a key liaison between our ERP solutions, the line-of-business teams and the business product owner. This position defines and drives the tactical, day-to-day aspects of discovering, validating, documenting and mapping business processes through modeling, simulating and analyzing current and future states.
The BPE must be able to bridge the IT and business domains and effectively communicate between each side. The BPE will thoroughly understand the Corteva AgriscienceTM tax business strategy and processes in order to participate in managing the Finance Product Roadmap.
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States. If hired, you may be required to travel as necessary to support business activities. Approximate travel of 10 -15% is expected.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Primary IT point of contact across S/4HANA global implementation spanning multiple countries over North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific for SAP FI-CO-Taxes.
- Assist business in mapping Financial, Controllership & Taxation processes, to be designed in SAP-FI-CO-Taxes applications. Assist in definition of functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Translate process design to systems design on the SAP S/4HANA and SAP-ECC platforms.
- Definition and configuration of system functionality required to meet system design.
- Write system design documents, including detailed design, technical design, update requirements traceability, and test scenarios, cases.
- Perform functional and non-functional testing of system in meeting requirements, including unit-testing, SIT, UAT, regression testing, and performance testing.
- Identify & define process and systems’ dependencies while implementing new SAP functionality in the context of ongoing enterprise business and IT initiatives.
- Understand requirements, perform fit-gap analysis, provide estimates, suggest process and technology improvements.
- Write functional design document, and work with developers to explain technical requirements.
- Manage the quarterly upgrade process through evaluation, regression testing, and deployment.
- Help with SAP-FI-CO-Taxes Security role definition.
- Need to handle entire Solution Delivery Lifecycle on medium to large projects implementing SAP FI-CO-Taxes.
- Own the service delivery of SAP FI-CO-Taxes applications in the Production environment.
- Design & maintain integration of SAP FI-CO-Taxes with non-SAP platforms like Vertex, OneSource, Reuters, Bloomberg, BlackLine etc.
- SAP-Finance responsibility scope includes GL, AP, AR, with special focus on Intercompany transactions.
- SAP-Taxes scope includes domestic as well as international (Cross-border) Taxes, including configuration and maintenance of SAP Taxes for Sales & Purchase tax, VAT, Country-specific localizations, Withholding taxes and integration with 3rd-party tax bolt-on software.
- Prefer solution design experience demonstrating understanding and handling of intercompany transactions, cost and prices transfer, and tax impact.
- Prefer solution architecture experience across different SAP FI-CO modules including integration with SD & MM.
- Prior domain or functional experience with intercompany transactions and tax processing preferred.
- Ability to research requirements, solutions, evaluate alternative approaches, and present recommended solution in SAP-Finance.
- Ability to independently design and configure SAP Intercompany processes and Taxation functionality
- Ability to work in high-pressure project environment with speed & agility.
- Strong attention to detail and quality/accuracy of deliverables, preferring outcomes over outputs.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and ability to work independently, and drive results with peers, stakeholders, and customers.
- Acts honestly and professionally, ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask under minimal supervision.
- Decisive ability to recognize when to act and when to escalate.
- Demonstrable accumulated knowledge of intercompany processes and tax impacts, both domestic & cross-border.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with shared services preferred.
- Experience working with large vendor partners and suppliers, and 3rd party contractors preferred.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Information Technology, or related field required
- CPA and/or advanced accounting degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience on SAP FI-CO-Taxes preferred.
- Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team.
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the world’s growing need for food.
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment.
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, we grow progress by putting farmers and consumers at the heart of agriculture, to help reshape the industry for the 21st century. We believe that the future of farming depends on aligning the food chain from end to end, so that we can work together to build agriculture into an industry that is more financially secure, sustainable, innovative and responsive. We are helping to shape an industry better able to understand and react to global market demands, that can effectively harness science, technology and innovation to optimize productivity, and which has the know-how and resources to help chart its own long-term success in the face of challenge and change.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!