Corteva Agriscience is looking for an SAP Business Process Expert (BPE) to be part of the Digital & Platforms ERP Finance team. The BPE will be responsible for designing, configuring, testing, and maintaining the S/4HANA Finance (FI-CO-Taxes) and SAP ECC Finance applications during the entire application lifecycle.
The role includes strong knowledge of Finance business processes globally, supporting SAP systems with region-specific localizations. The position is a key liaison between our ERP solutions, the line-of-business teams and the business product owner. This position defines and drives the tactical, day-to-day aspects of discovering, validating, documenting and mapping business processes to SAP-ERP solutions through modeling, simulating and analyzing current and future states.
The BPE must be able to bridge the IT and business domains and effectively communicate between each side. The BPE will thoroughly understand the Corteva Agriscience Finance, Controlling and Taxation business strategy and processes in order to participate in managing the Finance Product Roadmap.
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States. If hired, you may be required to travel as necessary to support business activities.
Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Primary IT point of contact across S/4HANA global implementation spanning multiple countries over North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific for SAP FI-CO-Taxes.
- Assist business in mapping local Financial, Controllership & Taxation processes to Global Template solution in S/4HANA and SAP-ECC. Assist in definition of functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Translate process design to systems design on the SAP S/4HANA and SAP-ECC platforms.
- Maintenance and production support of global SAP ECC systems through end-of-life as they get replaced by S/4HANA.
- Implementation of legal, statutory, regulatory or tax-driven changes via projects or enhancements to ERP, including integration with bolt-ons or 3rd-party Tax applications like Vertex, OneSource etc..
- Definition and configuration of system functionality required to meet system design.
- Write system design documents, including detailed design, technical design, update requirements traceability, and test scenarios, cases.
- Perform functional and non-functional testing of system in meeting requirements, including unit-testing, SIT, UAT, regression testing, and performance testing.
- Identify & define process and systems’ dependencies while implementing new SAP functionality in the context of ongoing enterprise business and IT initiatives.
- Understand requirements, perform fit-gap analysis, provide estimates, suggest process and technology improvements.
- Write functional design documents detailed at SAP table-field level, and work with developers to explain technical requirements.
- Manage the quarterly upgrade process through evaluation, regression testing, and deployment.
- Able to help with SAP FI-CO Security role definition, and SAP authorization objects.
- Able to handle entire Solution Delivery Lifecycle on medium to large SAP projects.
- SAP-Taxes scope includes domestic as well as international (Cross-border) Taxes, including configuration and maintenance of SAP Taxes for Sales & Purchase tax, VAT, Country-specific localizations, Withholding taxes and integration with 3rd-party tax bolt-on software.
- Prefer solution design experience demonstrating understanding and handling of intercompany transactions, cost and prices transfer, and tax impact.
- Prefer solution architecture experience demonstrating understanding and handling of Finance, Controlling and Taxation business process design and SAP Finance integration experience with other ERP processes (OTC, PTP, Manufacturing) and non-SAP business applications.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Articulate with verbal and written communication skills in English. Possesses strong presentation skills for a global audience.
- Prior domain or functional experience with Finance, Controlling or Taxation preferred.
- Ability to research requirements, solutions, evaluate alternative approaches, and present recommended solution in SAP.
- Ability to independently design and configure SAP Finance, Controlling & Taxation processes.
- Strong attention to detail and quality/accuracy of deliverables, preferring outcomes over outputs.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and ability to work independently, and drive results with peers, stakeholders, and customers.
- Acts honestly and professionally, ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask under minimal supervision, and respond with flexibility towards tight project deadlines or issues impacting production operations.
- Decisive ability to recognize when to act and when to escalate.
- Experience working with shared services preferred.
- Prior experience working with Big4 SAP system integrators, and on multi-country SAP environments preferred.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field required.
- CPA and/or advanced accounting degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience on SAP FI-CO-Taxes required. Prefer SAP certified professionals.
- Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team.
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the world’s growing need for food.
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment.
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader.
Work/Visa Sponsorship not offered for this role
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!