Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America’s Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling boneless ham brand in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer’s, Field, Mickelberry’s, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We have additional processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
Indiana Packers Corp (Delphi, IN) is currently searching for a committed, deadline-driven Sales Intern to join our excellent Sales team. The Sales Intern will complete all tasks assigned by the Manager, which may include conducting market research, identifying business opportunities, managing email campaigns, generating sales leads, making cold calls, participating in meetings, and assisting the Sales department wherever possible. You should be able to take instruction, but also work unsupervised when required.
To be successful as a Sales Intern, you should be willing to learn as much about the company as possible and be able to spot opportunities that have been overlooked by others. Outstanding Sales Interns are problem solvers who know the value of building lasting, professional relationships with clients.
Sales Intern Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Manager or assigned staff member and completing all allocated tasks.
- Conducting desktop research or gathering information through surveys or by speaking to clients and staff.
- Attending and participating in meetings, workshops, events, and exhibitions.
- Liaising with clients, vendors, and suppliers on behalf of the company’s managers.
- Updating documents and sales records.
- Reviewing sales performance against sales targets.
- Identifying potential weaknesses and offering improvement suggestions.
- Keeping a log of everything learned and delivering presentations to staff and other stakeholders.
- In collaboration with other Delphi Interns prepare and present a capstone project-compiling all the takeaway from the internship experience
- Start compiling and drafting the curriculum for a Fresh Pork sales training manual
- Assist with getting specification sheets updated and creating a new customer packet/overview of items.
Sales Intern Requirements:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Sales, Agriculture or similar from an accredited 4-year college or university
- Driver’s license may be required.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in a foreign language would be a plus
- Ability to remain calm in fast-paced environments
- Superb interpersonal skills.