We are seeking a driven and motivated individual to join our Sales Strategy and Planning Team. The SS&P analyst will provide analytical support within the SS&P team, Sales & broader cross-functional team. This role is a key member of the business unit team developing and executing the national sales strategy and fiscal year plan for a growing category in Tyson Foods. By analyzing and synthesizing data from various sources, this individual will enable proactive identification of business issues/opportunities and will help the Sales Force & Business Unit make better decisions.
The Sales Planning Analyst reports to the category Sales Strategy & Planning Manager, primarily interacting with field sales, category management, brand marketing, supply chain, finance and the customer growth and capabilities group. Primary responsibilities orient around tracking and analyzing brand/category performance, merchandising and distribution monitoring, and forecasting.
The analyst role is a great development opportunity, allowing for solid experience working in a team based, cross functional environment. There is significant exposure to building and executing strategies for leading national brands, along with bringing that vision to a highly sophisticated selling organization. Self-starters with strong sense of ownership are desired in this role. Innate curiosity along with the willingness and ability to learn quickly are valued.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Synthesize information from various sources (syndicated data, internal shipment data, competitive intel, etc.) and investigate anomalies to create business insight and formulate recommendations
- Deliver/present findings to cross-functional partners
- Prepare cross-category Merchandising report and develop insights for sales and business unit
- Perform ad-hoc analysis
- Leverage syndicated data to make recommendations on forecast changes, uncover competitive threats and determine opportunities to grow the business via distribution gains
- Become familiar with Tyson’s go-to-market funding program (TiP) and related trade spend issues
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience: 1-3 years relevant work experience in customer/trade marketing, sales, analytics, category management or Trade Finance. CPG industry preferred.
- Computer Skills: Highly Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expert level ability to retrieve and connect data from various sources (ex. Nielsen, SAP, IBP, Trace/BOBJ, etc.) preferred.
- Desire to take ownership of the task at hand. Multi-tasking and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with internal partners, Sales organization and Senior Leadership.
- Travel 1-3 trips per year