Within the Global Marketing and Sales Group for Companion Animals for Elanco Animal Health, the purpose of the Sales Representatives will be to achieve a sales budget with the Elanco products within an assigned geography. The field representatives will play an important role in the overall planning and continued launch of the Companion Animal Business Unit.
- Representatives will play an important role in the overall planning and continued launch of the US Pet Health organization.
- Provides a key leadership role for distributor representatives within their assigned geography.
- Responsible for product placement with targeted accounts in assigned geographical area.
- Responsible for completing a territory business plan with key essential wins identified as part of the plan. Executing the plan as the year progresses will be expected.
- Territory representative will complete all set objectives, achieve sales goals while operating within an assigned expense budget.
- Key liaison with local veterinary associations coordinating efforts surrounding the state VMA meetings.
- Representative will be responsible for setting up and executing launch meetings in conjunction with veterinary services in support of each product launch.
- BA/BS Degree.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in companion animal veterinary pharmaceutical sales or equivalent selling experience in a competitive selling environment or former Elanco Intern.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills/Preferences :
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to convey messages and motivate various audiences.
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strategic thinking
- Strong Planning and Execution Skills
- In-depth knowledge of companion animal veterinary products.
- In-depth knowledge of the Companion Animal Market and products available
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status