Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The purpose of the sales representative role in Elanco is to create demand and secure sales by professionally promoting, differentiating, delivering and demonstrating the value of Elanco products and services to customers and the people who influence their product use decisions. Sales representatives are held accountable for delivering sales results, managing territory business plan, aligning Elanco activities with account needs, and creating strategic territory/account plans and implement implementing agreed upon initiatives within those plans.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree
- 2 years Sales or poultry production experience
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Develop and execute a territory plan including prioritization of opportunities which will deliver sustainable sales growth within the territory
- Deliver and transfer Key Messages and scientific information around Elanco products to key influencers / decision makers within the designated sales territory
- Identify and assess customer needs
- Uncover customer’s solvable problems and opportunities
- Utilize Elanco’s CRM system for both capturing relevant information and gleaning insight as part of the pre-call planning process
- Incorporate the Elanco product portfolio (products and services) as a part of the solution
- Work closely with salespeople and other internal teams to meet individual and group objectives
- Execute strategies and tactics with corporate accounts to enhance account team’s ability to execute effectively under constantly changing circumstances
- Achieve sales growth in territory
- Represent the “voice of the customer” to Elanco management and marketing
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Passion for selling and animal agriculture
- Ability to work with and influence broiler, turkey and layer integrators along with key distribution and nutrition customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop goals, key milestones and action plans for key accounts
- Ability to influence across multiple disciplines: veterinary, nutritional, processing, feed milling, sales and marketing, and senior management.
- Savvy ability to develop, advance and maintain strong relationships
- Self starter with high initiative and sound work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
- Flexible to learning new products and disease states over time
- Strong team member with ability to interact and coordinate a diverse set of resources across the customer base
- Entrepreneur mind set with strong grasp of business acumen
- Ability to relocate if necessary
- Position is field based. Travel will be required. Overnight travel will depend on location; expect 40-60% overnight travel.
- Majority of customers are located in Iowa, Minnesota and surrounding areas
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status