Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The purpose of the sales representative role in Elanco is to create demand and secure sales by professionally promoting, differentiating, delivering and demonstrating the value of Elanco products and services to customers and the people who influence their product use decisions. Sales representatives are held accountable for delivering sales results, managing territory business plan and/or large strategic accounts, aligning Elanco activities with account needs, and creating strategic territory/account plans and implementing agreed upon initiatives in those plans.
- Manage and influence complex customer/account decision making process
- Create, implement and influence direction of account strategy and Elanco strategy
- Manage accounts through on-going planning, account planning, effective expense management and appropriate communications consistent with Elanco’s sales and marketing objectives
- Monitor, report and drive accountability for account plan milestones to monitor success of tactics
- Apply mobilization strategies to account activities to enhance account team’s ability to execute effectively under constantly changing circumstances
- Utilize Elanco’s CRM system for both capturing relevant information and gleaning insight as part of the pre-call planning process
- Deliver and transfer Key Messages and scientific information around Elanco products to key influencers / decision makers within the designated sales territory
- Identify and assess customer needs. Uncover customer’s solvable problems and opportunities. Incorporate the Elanco product portfolio (products and services) as a part of the solution
- Focus on identifying customer goals then take a leadership role in deploying applicable and appropriate value-added services tools with key accounts tied to pre-established account unmet needs
- Achieve sales growth in territory
- Represent the “voice of the customer” to Elanco management and marketing
- Bachelor’s of Science (BS) Degree or higher
- Minimum of 3 years of experience (selling, production, or processing)
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Passion for selling and animal agriculture
- Ability to work with and influence broiler, turkey and layer integrators along with key distribution and nutrition customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop goals, key milestones and action plans for key accounts
- Ability to influence across multiple disciplines: veterinary, nutritional, processing, feed milling, sales and marketing, and senior management.
- Savvy ability to develop, advance and maintain strong relationships
- Self starter with high initiative and sound work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
- Flexible to learning new products and disease states over time
- Strong team member with ability to interact and coordinate a diverse set of resources across the customer base
- Entrepreneur mind set with strong grasp of business acumen
- Ability to relocate if necessary
- Position is field based. Travel will be required. Overnight travel will depend on location; expect 40-60% overnight travel.
- Key customers for this position are located in Northwest Arkansas
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status