As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The purpose of the Elanco Dairy Sales representative role is to create demand and secure sales by professionally promoting, differentiating, delivering, and demonstrating the value of Elanco products and services to customers, consultants, and the people who influence their product use decisions.
Sales representatives are held accountable for delivering sales results, managing territory business plan, aligning Elanco activities with account needs, and implementing agreed upon strategies and initiatives and responsibility for updating information and call note activity in the CRM database. Strategic planning and use of Elanco Technical Consultants in territory is expected to deliver value beyond product offerings to dairy customers and their influencers. Geography covered is: Colorado, Kansas, and Arizona.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in cattle or swine pharmaceutical or feed sales or equivalent selling experience in a competitive selling environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with high initiative and sound work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
- Flexible to learning new products and disease states over time
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- To grow and protect the Elanco dairy portfolio to include vaccines, anti-infectives, and medicated feed additive (MFA) business
- Regular field calls on dairy producers, veterinary clinics, dairy nutritionists, feed mills and farm stores.
- Maintain and grow relationships with distribution partners within the territory.
- Identify and assess customer needs. Uncover customer’s solvable problems and opportunities. Incorporate the Elanco product portfolio (products and services) as a part of the solution
- Identify collaborative opportunities for the broader team (technical, marketing) to provide solutions for customer needs
- Facilitate the transfer key messages and scientific information about Elanco products to customers.
- Accountable for delivering sales results and implementing agreed to strategies and plans.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Sales experience in dairy industry, feed/nutritional, animal health, key accounts or strategic account skills preferred
- Experience or training in strategic accounts, key account management, strategic account management (SAM) process encouraged
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Ability to influence across multiple disciplines: ie: veterinary, nutritional, processing, feed milling, sales and marketing, and senior management, or comparable demonstrated skill.
- Ability to relocate if necessary
- Sales and influence experience
- Passion for selling and animal agriculture
- Position is field based, work is in the field interacting with customers.
- 30-50% of overnight travel
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status