Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 6,000 employees in more than 70 countries. Founded in 1954, our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana.
- A Purposeful Career—bringing together people working to enrich life every day through food and companionship.
- A Balance of Work and Life—creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work. An Opportunity for Growth—providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
- A Diverse Culture—committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
We’re looking for:
- Highly motivated and driven leaders
- Individuals with integrity, excellence, and respect for people
- Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life
- Call on and generate demand for Elanco products within Food Animal focused customers (Veterinary Clinics, nutritionists, key beef and dairy producers, feed mills and key influencers).
- Transfer key messages and scientific information about Elanco Food Animal products to producers and key influencers within the designated sales territory.
- Execute business unit consultant strategy
- Call on and partner with key Channel Partner/Distribution Representatives to ensure pull through of Elanco products.
- Implement and execute any and all marketing programs and initiatives.
- Plan and implement sales promotions, meetings, and key customer events.
- Complete all administrative responsibilities of territory management (call notes, expense reports, territory plans, etc.).
- Travel Percentage 25-50%
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-2 years sales experience in beef and/or dairy industry preferably with a feed/nutritional & strategic account background or equivalent selling experience in a competitive selling environment.
- Must be legally authorized to be employed in the US. Elanco does not anticipate proving sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status) for this position.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strategic thinking/ Strategic Account Management experience
- Strong Planning and Execution Skills
- Knowledge of food animal production and the animal health industry (economics and drivers).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to influence and leadership skills
- Strong learning agility
- Passion for animal agriculture
- Self-starter and strong work ethic
- Demonstrates great initiative
- Previous internship experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status