We’re leaders. Innovators. Perfectionists. Constantly improving our products and practices, with our customers always at the forefront of everything we do. We’re the largest family-owned, retail seed company in the country and we’re looking for qualified leaders like you to help us grow. When you join Beck’s, you join a family. And it’s what we do together that sets us apart.
Our Sales Associate will assist in the overall daily clerical, administrative, organizational, scheduling and data entry functions of the inside sales department. Associate will be a self motivator, dedicated to getting the job done and be organized.
This is a part time position. We are looking for an individual committed to 5 days a week from 8:00am -12:00pm. Tasked with organizing and sending mail, warehouse coordination, forklift operation, pack bonus/dealer/customer bags, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in greeting incoming phone calls, handle customer requests or direct them to the proper destination
- Assess the urgency and importance of situations and take appropriate action
- Assist and manage loading tickets and shipping schedules
- Enter orders, make order adjustments and execute other duties in Beck’s computer system
- Perform daily mail duties
- Compile, evaluate, and report data as required by the Sales Operations Manager or Sales Support Manager
- Organize and maintain all files associated with assigned responsibilities
- Assist with duties, presentations, and organization of materials as they relate to industry organizational meetings
- Support inter-office departments in assisting with customer inquiries.
- Interact with staff and customer matters relating to sales and marketing using both verbal and written communications
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the Sales Operations Manager or Sales Support Manager.
- Regional Locations Only* – Assist warehouse staff as needed to meet customer obligations
1. Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an agricultural related field preferred
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record as determined by Beck’s automobile insurance policy.
- Chauffer license or equivalent may be required.
2. Characteristics for Success:
- Commitment to the mission and attitudes and actions of Beck’s Hybrids
- Possess a Positive attitude and Strong work ethic
- Basic knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems, computer systems, and record keeping
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with current office software programs
- Possess a passion towards agriculture and the seed business
3. Physical demands:
- Ability to pass DOT physical examination and obtain Medical Examiner’s Certificate may be required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in the agricultural community is preferred
** In an effort to provide a safer, drug-free workplace for employees, all full-time applicants to whom offers of employment are made must submit to a drug test and background check, subject to applicable local, state, or federal laws or regulations. Employment at Beck’s is contingent upon passing these pre-employment screenings.