If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at Corteva Agriscience! Corteva has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Agronomist serving Northeast Georgia and Western South Carolina. If you have a passion for providing solutions to customers and supporting a high-performing team, this is a great opportunity for you- Apply Now!
How will you help us grow? It matters to us and it matters to you!
- Deliver annual sales targets for Pioneer and PhytoGen brands within the territory.
- Develop strong relationships (agronomic focus) with grower customers with a focus on the top operations in the territory
- Collaborate successfully with the Retail Manager to build and execute territory sales/action plans
- Successfully deploy all Corteva grower programs and provide a high level of service for large grower customers and prospects to drive sales results and ensure accurate/timely grower program credits/payments.
- Utilize on-farm expertise and focus to help drive increased cross-selling opportunities with other Corteva products (CP, digital, precision ag, etc.)
- Assist in grower database establishment and management with a focus on acres currently not planted to Corteva seed brands
- Work closely with the Product Agronomy Manager and Cotton Development Specialists to help coordinate plot work (OVTs, innovation, PHN, systems trials) and associated field days with large growers.
- Leverage relationships and crop expertise of local Product Agronomy Managers and Cotton Development Specialists to help close sales on large growers, customers, and prospects.
- Work closely with Retail Manager to support the retail business planning process to drive focus on key products, grower customers, and prospects to ensure alignment within the territory.
- Work closely with Sales Effectiveness Manager to develop an annual large targeting and tracking strategy for large grower customers and prospects in the territory.
What expertise have you grown?
- Bachelor’s degree required. A Master’s Degree in Agronomy or equivalent is preferred.
- Five to seven (5-7) years agronomy experience and proven abilities
- Must be able to sell, negotiate, and influence
- Agronomy and crop production practices preferred
- Understand the key Crop Protection product offerings in the Territory
- Understand changing market dynamics (forecasting, product/marketing input) and build a network of large growers to drive increased farm-gate demand within the territory.
- Ability to pass a driving record background check
- Keep in mind, equivalent amounts of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the above requirements
Corteva offers a very comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 100% 401k company match
- 4 weeks paid time off to start
- 9 paid holidays
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
- Work-life balance – a varied mix of working from a home office and spending time out in the field
Ready to grow your perspectives and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.