The Bunge North America Safety Internship Program is looking for collaborative results-oriented candidates with strong critical thinking and communication skills. The internship is designed to give you an understanding of how safety is driven at a company who prioritizes safety first and has a strong safety culture. During the internship, you will be exposed to various aspects of safety management. You will develop the skills and knowledge needed to provide a solid foundation to build a career in the safety field.
- Support Bunge safety culture and improvements by participating in projects or initiatives identified by the site. This could include:
- Developing training material
- Updating procedures, safe work instructions, and/or JHAs
- Conducting for PPE and confined space hazard assessments, reviewing LOTO procedures, and reviewing completed permits
- Tracking and trending of proactive and reactive metrics
- Conduct procedural gap analysis
- Conduct audits and develop reports with corrective actions
- Ability to travel to other Bunge facilities for development and/or assistance as requested
- Assist in training development.
- Develop a thorough understanding of high potential exposures and conduct gap analysis.
- Demonstrate your level of understanding by responding to verbal or written inquiries from supervisors, mentors, or program manager.
- Analyze data and develop reports.
- Travel to other Bunge locations for training and exposure purposes
- Ability to communicate effectively with Bunge internal and external customers
- Pursuing an Occupational Health and Safety Diploma or Certificate.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and constant change
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in standard PC applications
- Ability to travel
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Segment: Intern, Safety, Sustainable Agriculture, Entry Level, Service, Agriculture