At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and skills who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Rural 1st Loan Servicing Analyst/Senior Analyst provides exceptional internal and external customer service by supporting the delivery of consumer financial services and loan servicing needs. Responsibilities include ensuring the quality and accuracy of more complete customer and loan data within our Accounting and Servicing systems. They answer and support more critical questions from our internal and external customers ensuring a seamless experience. They uphold compliance and regulatory guidelines to minimize risk to the association. They proactively solution to improve processes and workflow. The Analyst and Senior Analyst will focus on training and developing teammates, which includes monitoring the quality of work among the team.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Establishes, develops, and maintains strong internal and external customer relationships by coaching others and consistently providing quality service that is timely, thorough, responsive, and exceeds customer expectations. Works with borrowers and internal partners to understand customer goals, and delivers value- added/ constructive financial information.
Support the lending process by doing the following:
- Provides excellent customer service by answering internal and external customer phone calls and providing innovative solutions.
- Acquire and maintain expertise in accounting systems, association practices and procedures to provide technical support.
- Processes more complex financial transactions and loan servicing requests.
- Makes elevated credit decisions regarding collateral based on authority levels.
- Performs analysis of accounting requests by preparing accounting entries involving complex calculations and transactions.
- Complies with regulations by checking loans and being a compliance resource for the team.
- Adheres to records and retention guidelines.
- Monitors reports and takes further action as appropriate.
- Maintain the accuracy of credit bureau reporting.
- Drives cross functional initiative that positively impact the association.
- Acts as the voice of the team on cross-functional projects.
- Owns and manages process improvements for the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REPRESENTS AND COMMUNICATES THE MISSION AND VALUES OF FARM CREDIT MID-AMERICA and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and GRADING GUIDELINES
Grading will depend on a combination of factors: 1) Experience, knowledge and skill level; 2) performance level; 3) level of duties and loan involvement requested to perform.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent classroom hours plus four years of experience in loan servicing, accounting, banking or financially related customer support while using a variety of business software, demonstrating proficiency in Excel; one to two years of FCMA experience desired or
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three years of experience in loan servicing, accounting, banking or financially related customer support using a variety of business software, demonstrating proficiency in Excel; one to two years of FCMA experience desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
Knowledge of: products, services, fees and their application to customers’ needs; credit delivery, market segments; basic credit; economic conditions; competition’s products, interest rates, and fees; selling techniques; technology; accounting systems; loan origination systems, processes, and documents; and policies and procedures.
Skills in: Providing exceptional customer service; coaching others; completing and reading balance sheets; researching courthouse documents; interviewing customers to obtain financial information; interpersonal relations; verbal and written communications; listening; organizing; problem solving; matching products and services to customer needs; translating features into benefits; selling; using Farm Credit Mid-America accounting and loan origination systems; using computers.
Ability to: Be flexible; work efficiently and accurately; identify priorities; work with interruptions; maintain confidentiality; work independently and with a team; be disciplined; achieve goals; accept and implement corporate strategies; demonstrate the Association’s values; relate positively to others; listen to customers; use Farm Credit Mid-America systems and computers; be logical; work under stress; overcome objections; manage time; assess risk; professionally represent Farm Credit Mid-America.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to:
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use a computer and similar office technology and tools. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to leaders and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
Here is what our company offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 15 Vacation days, 15 Sick days, 11 Holidays
- Award winning 401(k) with outstanding employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term, Long-term, Life and other insurances
- Fitness incentive
- Tuition Assistance for employees and dependents
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.