Job Summary: Create robot programs for weld, blast, and paint operations using simulation software. Coordinate execution of programs written through existing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) database and product configuration systems. Collaborate with operations personnel to improve, troubleshoot, and maintain the robotics programming and production system.
- Design robotic programming in alignment with our Manufacturing Goals of safety, cleanliness & organization, quality, and productivity. Participate with relevant roles to determine where automation is a solution and design robotic programming accordingly. Analyze and interpret blueprints. Use simulation software to test operations sequencing. Program robots to perform weld, blast, and paint operations. Ensure automated systems are ready for deployment to production and match internal ERP database and product configuration system. Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they occur. Maintain accurate documentation of work.
- Work with operations team to train team members to effectively execute automated production, build skills, help people adapt to new processes and incorporate continuous improvement into their daily activities. Create work order instructions for production teams to support the production of trailers according to the design intent.
- Train Robotic Technicians from operations team in the operation of automated systems. Teach them diagnosis methods for the resolution of complex issues within automated systems. Ensure learning through simulations and troubleshooting exercises.
- Provide leadership to robotics technicians and production personnel and/or outside contractors in alignment with Novae’s mission and purpose.
- Stay abreast of innovations in automation and robotic programming. Provide ongoing educational opportunities and development for Robotic Technicians.
- Debug robot specific problems, either electrical or software related. Develop and implement effective solutions. Work with continuous improvement team to establish protocols and procedure to address issues.
- Assist in other areas and perform other duties, as needed. (This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job.)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical or computer engineering or demonstrated relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities in robotics programming.
- High level of mechanical aptitude with a hands-on approach required.
- Proven work experience in programming advanced manufacturing systems including robotics, prefer experience with Fanuc Roboguide, Lincoln Electric WeldPro and welding operations.
- Experience with 3D design and drawing (CAD), experience with Inventor preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate effectively with multidisciplinary and multilevel groups.
- Meticulous organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking capability.
- Primarily operates in a fast paced, office environment within a manufacturing organization.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
- Occasional travel to various worksites for training coworkers and for personal development training.
- Responsibilities require willingness to work outside of typical office schedule.
Novae LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Novae LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.