If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at Corteva Agriscience! Corteva has an exciting opportunity for a Retail Manager serving SW Kentucky centralized around Hopkinsville, KY. If you have a passion for providing solutions to customers and leading a high-performing territory, this is a great opportunity for you!
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in SW Kentucky. If hired, you may be required to travel as necessary to support business activities.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us and it matters to you!
- Deliver annual sales targets for Pioneer Corn and Soybean brands within the territory.
- Develop strong relationships (retail focus) with retail sellers in your territory.
- Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities with sellers.
- Troubleshoot customer complaints and work to resolve them.
- Collaborate successfully with the Sales Agronomist to build and execute territory sales/action plans.
- Successfully deploy all Corteva grower programs and provide a high level of service for retail agents to drive sales results and ensure accurate/timely retail program credits/payments.
- Utilize retail and on-farm expertise to help drive increased cross-selling opportunities with other Corteva products (crop protection, digital, precision ag, etc.)
- Assist in ag retail base establishment and management with a focus on acres currently not planted in Pioneer seed brands.
- Work closely with the District Field Agronomist, Sales Agronomist and Retail Sellers to help coordinate plot work (Innovation, product knowledge, systems trials) and associated field days with customers.
- Leverage relationships and crop expertise of agronomy team help close sales on all customers and prospects.
- Be the key driver in retail business planning process to initiate focus on key products, grower customers and prospects to ensure alignment within the territory.
- Work closely with Sales Effectiveness Manager to develop an annual large targeting and tracking strategy for grower customers with retail sellers.
What expertise have you grown?
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Agronomy, Business, or Marketing required. Will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
- At least 5 years sales experience, managing and/or coaching individuals.
- Must be able to sell, negotiate, influence, resolve conflict, and coach.
- Agronomy, Retail, and crop production practices knowledge preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work in a rural environment.
- Precision Ag and UAV knowledge is a plus.
- Understand the key Crop Protection product offerings in the Territory.
- Understand changing market dynamics (forecasting, product/marketing input) and build a network of supportive Pioneer seed brand promoters.
- Ability to pass a driving record background check.
Corteva offers a very comprehensive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 100% 401k company match
- 4 weeks paid time off to start
- 9 paid holidays
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
- Work-life balance – a varied mix of working from a home office and spending time out in the field
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!