Responsible for bringing quality retail fueling stations to the CountryMark brand, retaining CountryMark branded fueling stations, enhancing the CountryMark retail fueling experience for valued customers, and collaborating with the CountryMark marketing team to develop innovative ways to market and promote CountryMark retail fueling sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to the following):
* Strategy. Lead CountryMark’s short- and long-term retail strategy development and serve daily as the champion and steward of that strategy, which will include fuel sales and brand goals, tactics, timelines and resource allocations.
* Financial Analysis. Analyze data to determine fuel sales and brand value potential, as well as financial investments needed on each potential retail fuel site contractual agreement. Suggest innovative pricing solutions as needed.
* Sales Growth. Sign and re-sign retail fueling sites in alignment with CountryMark’s retail goals. Assist branded dealers in evaluating and selecting the right CountryMark fuels for the markets they are serving, as well as provide expertise regarding the infrastructure needs of select alternative fuels.
* Station Branding. Hire retail graphic installers and work closely with CountryMark’s Brand Strategist to ensure that sites are branded and/or rebranded on time, on budget and to CountryMark brand standards.
* Inside Sales. Assist members and third-party owners in improving retail customer experiences.
* Fiscal Accountability. Manage the CountryMark retail budget using available financial resources to create the greatest impact possible for the company and its branded dealer network.
* Brand Integrity. Manage a planned retail inspection programs to assure CountryMark brand standards are met and ongoing investments and improvements are being made by both CountryMark and retail branded dealers.
* Brand Development. Serve as an advisor to the CountryMark Marketing team to ensure the company is consistently advertising and marketing retail features and benefits that make the CountryMark retail brand unique and relevant to fuel buyers.
* Networking. Assemble an informal, but valuable retail fueling network for the purpose of bring to CountryMark opportunities for sales growth, enhanced customer value, greater labor efficiencies, and better supply chain management. This network would include, but not be limited to, CountryMark business development, marketing as well as lubricant and equipment team members, branded dealers, member cooperatives, retail station owners, jobbers, influencers, graphic installers, equipment providers, credit card processors, fleet card processors, loyalty program providers, convenience store suppliers, and retail and convenience store association leaders.
* Training. Oversee branded dealer training programs, which will include but not be limited to fuel quality handling, retail inspections, credit card processing, a fleet card program, loyalty programs and cooperative c-store buying programs.
* Internal Communications. Communicate regularly to CountryMark’s marketing department data-driven retail strategy, goals, objectives, development progress, successes, losses and/or challenges.
* External Communications. Communicate regularly with CountryMark members and brand dealers data-driven retail strategy, goals, objectives, progress, successes, losses and/or challenges. Serve also as an advisor to the CountryMark’s Brand Strategist to ensure the company is communicating with branded dealers relevant information regarding CountryMark products, services and market intelligence.
Job Qualifications (refers to job, not incumbent):
Education: Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
Experience: Minimum: 7-10 years experience in Sales, Marketing, Brand Development, or related field.
* Experienced marketing and branding background with intimate knowledge of retail fuel operations or branded fuel programs both strongly preferred.
* Effective prioritization, implementation and monitoring of brand plans and initiatives.
* Experience addressing the needs of consumers and retail customers while delivering successful programs.
* Ability to self-manage and prioritize projects.
* Highly entrepreneurial and pro-active.
* Passionate about accountability and goal achievement.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to provide actionable recommendations.
* Solid planning and budget skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform.
* High level of integrity.
* Ability to challenge and be challenged with constructive feedback.
* Ability to accommodate frequent travel, including overnight stays from time to time.