Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Weed Scientist to join the Herbicide Biology Discovery group in Crop Protection Discovery and Development located in Indianapolis, IN. The successful candidate will participate on multidisciplinary teams to discover and advance novel technologies into the Crop Protection pipeline. Qualified candidates will use their expertise in weed science to assist in the design and evaluation of novel herbicide candidates.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Serve as herbicide biology subject matter expert or project leader on multi-disciplinary teams to collaborate, provide technical input and deliver results aligned with Crop Protection Discovery and Development product goals.
- Utilize demonstrated expertise in weed science, including plant physiology, herbicide resistance and herbicide fate, to support the characterization and advancement of novel molecules or technologies within the discovery pipeline.
- Design and execute herbicide screening assays across various projects.
- Leverage working knowledge of molecular biology, plant biochemistry and metabolic pathways to elucidate experimental compound mode-of-action.
- Work with multiple data systems for managing information pertaining to projects and tests.
- Keep current with developments in weed science via in-depth understanding of journal literature and competitive landscape.
- Mentor junior-level scientists and associate biologists.
- Deliver presentations or reports that distill complex ideas into clear results and proposals.
- Communicate appropriately to influence internal and external audiences.
- Communicate and appropriately document work in the form of internal reports/presentations and external publications/presentations (when appropriate).
- Draft and submit patent disclosures as appropriate.
- Develop strategies that utilize networks of external contacts; demonstrated influence on external organizations that impact and contribute to Corteva agriscience.
- Comply with environmental health and safety mandates by adherence to policies and procedures.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Weed Science or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to publish in related fields (weed science/herbicide biology).
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to successfully partner with team members and stakeholders from multiple backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in understanding and elucidating herbicide mode-of-action and/or understanding of herbicide resistance mechanisms.
- Background in molecular biology, plant biochemistry and xenobiotic metabolism.
- Working knowledge in areas of Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.