Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
As a member of the Elanco Research and Breakthrough Innovation Laboratories, this position will be responsible for applying their protein design and engineering skills to discover, engineer, and create novel functionalities for therapeutic veterinary biologics, including monoclonal antibodies, other antibody-like drugs, cytokines, and subunit vaccine antigens. The incumbent will leverage contemporary and state-of-the-art technologies to minimize the hit to candidate timeline, while ensuring the right molecules are delivered the first time.
This position will require routine interaction with senior scientists across multiple discovery and core research laboratories at Elanco. The incumbent scientist will be expected to support multiple projects at any given time. A strong foundation in molecular biology techniques and protein biochemistry will be required to proactively search for solutions in this discovery driven team.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Conceptualize, design, construct, and implement methodologies for contemporary antibody discovery including single B-cell based approaches.
- Conceptualize, design, construct, and implement platform(s) for the engineering (e.g, species-ation, affinity maturation, multi-specificity, stability, conformational restraint, effector function, expression, framework optimization, LC/HC pairing optimization, interaction with Fc receptors) of biopharmaceuticals and vaccine antigens.
- Develop vector sets and protocols for antibody engineering, including library design and construction, display platform optimization, panning/selection, and affinity determination
- Keep abreast of scientific literature in the field and implement novel modalities and protocols.
- Provide expertise in evaluation of new platform technologies.
- Proactively search for novel technologies or product opportunities and establish collaborations and research programs to deliver innovative technical solution
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum Ph.D. degree in a relevant scientific discipline (molecular biology, microbiology, cellular biology, or biochemistry)
- At least 2 years of experience working on R&D projects in the human or animal health industries.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- High personal ethical and quality standards.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Proven project leadership skills
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge of molecular biology techniques related to antibody/protein engineering including vector designs and display platforms
- Knowledgeable in engineering novel functionalities into antibodies
- Demonstrated experience in computational modeling tools e.g., Rosetta, Schrödinger suite
- Knowledgeable in yeast and mammalian display platforms
- Experience with analytical and developability assays/techniques for detailed antibody characterization
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status