As a member of the Elanco Research and Breakthrough Innovation Laboratories, you will apply your skills and knowledge to the infectious disease and immunology discovery efforts. You will design vaccination strategies against antigens of interest to elicit an optimal humoral and/or cellular immune response to delineate vaccine mechanisms as well as correlates of protection. Responsibilities will also include the design and conduct of infectious disease and immunology assays on clinical samples.
This position will also contribute to Elanco’s single cell sequencing workflows to further antibody discover projects within the RBI laboratories. You should have strong practical virology and immunology fundamentals, with a demonstrated history in the design of novel immunological assays. This position is a primarily laboratory-based role that will require routine interactions with multiple discovery and core research laboratories at Elanco and will be expected to support multiple projects at any given time.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum Ph.D. degree in relevant scientific discipline with 0-3 years experience in academia or industry
- Experience in virology and immunology required
- Experience designing multicolor flow cytometry panels and FACS is required
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Perform characterization of cellular and humoral immune responses by molecular, virological, and immunological assays such as ELISAs, HAIs, ELISpot, and ICS.
- Design immunization strategies against antigens of interest with contemporary and novel delivery technologies
- Develop and execute single-cell B cell discovery workflows
- Optimize multicolor flow cytometry panels for species of interest to identify and determine functionality of B and T cell populations
- Design and conduct protein and cell-based assays for antibody characterization
- Use contemporary molecular biology techniques (Gibson, In-fusion, etc) to assemble new expression constructs and verify expression
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to progress projects
- Independently design, execute, analyze, and troubleshoot experiments as needed
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status