Corteva Agriscience is a world leader and supplier of plant genetics and crop protection products for the global agricultural community. We address important agricultural challenges through research and development with an aim to ensure a safe, reliable, and sustainable food supply across the world.
Our Genome Sciences group is seeking a Computational Biologist. The successful applicant will be working in a multi-disciplinary team environment with other scientists, and provide strategic scientific leadership, on efforts focusing primarily on the biological characterization of microbial organisms and on their roles and biodiversity in diverse environments. The applicant will provide analysis and management of data produced with a variety of genomics approaches (including single-cell genomics, metagenomics and functional genomics) combined with other data types, including metabolomics and phenomics.
This role can accommodate a flexible work arrangement where you may work multiple days a week from home.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Design, develop, and perform computational analyses to understand molecular mechanisms within microbial samples and communities.
- Explore and integrate complex structural and functional genomics data from single cells, microbial collections and diverse microbial communities.
- Model and integrate multi-omics data sets in order to understand interactions between plant and microbial systems and the environment.
- Analyze and present data, both in written reports and oral presentations.
Requirements – What expertise have you grown?
- Graduate degree in computer science, biological science, or data science with a strong genomics background.
- Expertise working at the Linux command line and with Python and R, ideally with experience in the use of HPC clusters.
- Experience developing computational pipelines and standard software development practices.
- Expertise in the use of standard NGS analysis software.
- Expertise in machine learning and cloud computing a plus.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It’s nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers’ Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!