Ag Ingenuity Partners LLC, Advanced Agrilytics’ sister company, is seeking summer interns in the agronomy field to assist with summer on-farm scouting and spatial research in the corn belt for the summer of 2024. Interns will engage in a variety of activities, depending on their area of primary interest. All interns will gain experience in general agronomy, plant pathology, entomology, weed science, leadership, and data collection and evaluation.
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomy services company focused on unlocking the potential of every acre through direct-to-farm agronomic guidance, unbiased spatial research and sub-acre environment understanding, delivering on the promise of precision agriculture.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Scout research trials, in a variety of different areas and environments
- Trial implementation and data collection – working in groups to conduct accurate in-field scouting and plant collection on various research trials
- Conduct plant processing and subsequent data collection and interpretation at our research facilities
- Participate in soil sample collection efforts as needed
- Willing to work with others on a team and independently
- Effectively communicate with growers, agronomists, and other full-time employees
- All interns will take ownership of a special project of personal interest and follow their chosen research topic throughout the internship program
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Agriculture or Science degree track preferred
- Willingness and ability to work under on-farm conditions
- Understanding of current farming practices is of benefit
- Must be task/project driven and able to work independently
- Must exhibit a growth mindset and a desire for continuous learning
Additional Job Information:
- Positions are available throughout much of the corn belt (IN, IL, IA). Housing will be provided for those that are willing to relocate. In general, interns will be expected to work 40 hours/week. At times, hours more than 40 will be required and will be approved in advance by the supervisor. This position includes day travel as a team, and a small number of overnight events.
- When travel is required, all expenses will be reimbursed as approved in advance by the supervisor.