Grow what’s next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience seeks students for full-time internships within our research and development organization in Indianapolis, Indiana. We offer students the opportunity to work closely with a senior scientist in an industrial setting, and they will have extensive opportunities to network across the company. It is desirable that students have past practical experience in a research environment, generating data, as well as relevant computer skills. Students are encouraged to be creative and take initiative, where appropriate, and will be granted latitude for discretionary decisions and independence of action within guidelines established by their supervisor. Students are expected to always operate in a safe and efficient manner. Good interpersonal, communication, organizational, teamwork, and time management skills are essential.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Do:
- Participate in all phases of research including planning, preparation, calibration, application, evaluation, and analysis with supervisor
- Work in a safe manner and embody Corteva’s safety culture
- Demonstrate independent and creative thinking by making novel observations, interpreting data, and drawing sound scientific conclusions
- Present project reviews throughout the summer and a final poster before colleagues and peers
Opportunities – Where You’ll Excel:
- Students will participate in a project our analytical team developing new methods on industrial analytical equipment
- Must have successfully completed two full years of undergraduate-level chemistry curriculum
- Focus in chemistry (analytical or biochemistry preferred)
- Experience with analytical chemistry instrumentation (such as LC, GC, HPLC, etc)
- Students will participate in research projects focused in one of many biochemistry related fields including plant biology, microbiology, molecular biology, plant pathology, and entomology
- Must have successfully completed one full year of undergraduatelevel biochemistry curriculum including associated laboratory courses
- Focus in Biochemistry or related discipline
- Biology & Plant Biology:
- Students will conduct laboratory and/or greenhouse related research with a focus on crop protection or biotechnology products
- Focus in Biology or related field
- Computer Science:
- Students will work on one of many computer science based projects including computational biology and/or chemistry, operations engineering, automation, software engineering, statistics and/or mathematical modeling
- Focus in Computer Science, Statistics, Automation or a related field
- Engineering – Chemical/Mechanical/Agriculture:
- Students will participate in a project in one of many engineering related fields such as mechanical engineering, design/automation, agricultural engineering, chemical engineering, scalability/materials processing, polymer/materials synthesis and characterization, and colloids/surface-active agents.
- Focus in Chemical, Agricultural, or Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Environmental Science:
- Students will work on a research project supporting our sustainability goals with our environmental science teams.
- Focus in Environmental Science or related fields
- Formulation and Material Science:
- Students will participate in a product development project in one of many materials science related fields such as design/automation, agricultural applications/engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, scalability/materials processing, polymer/materials synthesis and characterization, and colloids/surface-active agents.
- Focus in chemistry, material science, polymer science, or a related field
- Organic Chemistry:
- Students will participate in a novel molecule design, synthesis, or scale up project within our chemical synthesis groups.
- Must have successfully completed one full year of undergraduatelevel organic chemistry curriculum including associated laboratory courses by start in internship
- Focus in chemistry (organic, analytical, or biochemistry preferred)
- Experience with the following compound characterization via NMR, IR, GC/MS, LC/MS, TLC, liquid/liquid extractions, crystallization, distillation, or column chromatography
Qualifications – What You’ll Bring:
- Internships are available to students that are currently pursuing a Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree in a relevant discipline and will be enrolled in classes for fall of 2022. Students must have completed at least one year of undergraduate work before the start of the internship.
- Minimum GPA 3.2.
- Must be able to relocate to Indianapolis, IN.
- Must be able to work full-time (40 hours per week) for 12 weeks during the timeframe of May to August.