Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience Crop Protection Discovery & Development (CPD&D) Material Management Team is seeking a Capability Lead for the Research Culture Collection (RCC) group to work in partnership with biological screening teams to store, dispense and distribute samples for testing and analysis. Under the supervision of the Indianapolis-based CPD&D Material Management Team Leader, the incumbent is responsible for the logistics and dispensing associated with RCC samples including the receipt and registration of samples, storage in manual and automated systems, dispensing through manual and automated methods, culturing as needed and tracking of all materials via software applications.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Focal point for the receipt, registration and storage / retrieval of microbial strains
- Glycerol preparation, culturing, streak plate generation and genomic DNA isolation
- Troubleshoot/diagnose/repair low level hardware/instrument issues
- Learn, develop and maintain optimized steps in the sample dispensing workflows
- Integrate/implement new equipment into existing workflows
- Ensure all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean and in proper working order
- Commitment to quality by implementing/following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and quality control checks
- Proficiency with Laboratory Information Management Systems unique to this group
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Understanding of the Corteva Agriscience safety culture including personal protective equipment and waste streams
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Microbial culturing (bacterial / fungal / cell culture) experience via sterile technique
- Experience with liquid handling, quality control, laboratory automation and sample tracking
- Working knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems and databases
- Specific experience with lab automation is ideal such as liquid handlers (Hamilton, Tecan or Biomek), SQL, VBA programming, barcodes, sensors or robotics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Demonstrated strong, multi-tasking ability
- Highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and accountable for project/team/personal goals
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
Education and experience:
- BS or MS – Microbiology, Biology, Cell Culture or related discipline
- 3+ years of lab experience is preferred
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!