Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate to join our team in Mankato, MN.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind. As a Research Associate, you will plan and execute the safe and efficient day-to-day management of corn and soybean product development at the Mankato, MN Research Center. You will be involved in all phases of planting, growing, phenotyping, and harvesting research materials to meet pre-commercial product advancement and data quality goals. You will adopt and implement evolving technologies and methodologies that enhance and improve product development.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Do:
- Lead assigned projects and conduct experiments following detailed protocols.
- Lead in site safety culture and ensure adherence to safety standards.
- Monitor yield test and nursery locations to assess and execute appropriate management practices.
- Assist with corn nursery pollination and other flowering related data collection.
- Maintain or improve efficient daily workplace operations.
- Assist in data collection support throughout the growing season for both maize and soybean testing programs ensuring high-quality data is collected.
- May serve on teams appropriate to specific research project.
Qualifications – What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in agronomy or related discipline.
- Experience with crop research or field plot management.
- Agronomic knowledge of multiple crops.
- Machine operation knowledge of planters and harvesters for multiple crops.
- Demonstrated people management experience with the ability to teach and coach employees.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, strategic analysis, and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and ability to learn proprietary software tools.
- Flexibility to work extended days and weekends at critical times of the season with some overnight stays required.
- Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and ability to obtain CMV.
- Ability to obtain all necessary certifications required to pilot UAS for data collection.
- Ability to obtain appropriate pesticide applicator license/certification.
- Ability to perform physical and technical demands.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It’s nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers’ Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
- Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!