Research Associate – Turfgrass Pathology
The Research Associate will provide technical research assistance to a new extension turfgrass pathology program in the Department of Botany & Plant Pathology. Dr. Gerald (Lee) Miller leads this program and will be the position supervisor. Key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Provide technical support in field, laboratory and greenhouse research on diseases affecting turfgrasses
- Provide assistance in planning, organizing and conducting field testing of new turfgrass disease management strategies
- Record keeping, analysis, and writing of research reports
- Inoculum preparation and other microbiological laboratory procedures
- Collaborate with turf industry organizations and effectively communicate research results to them
- Supervise student employees and provide direction for graduate students on their research projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Plant Pathology, Plant Sciences, Biological Sciences, Agronomy, Horticulture or related disciplines
- 1 year work experience in one of the related disciplines
- Knowledge in experimental plot design and statistical analysis of research results.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in scientific writing and presentation of research
- Candidate will need to have or have the ability to obtain a Pesticide Applicators License for the State of Indiana
- Beginner to advanced skills in ARM or SAS statistical analysis software
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more, visit https://bit.ly/3DH3z6f
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.