Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we’ve intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE…
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Research Associate to join our fast-growing and collaborative Product Development team to work on plant transformation and tissue culture. This is a hands-on lab-based role which requires the ability to concentrate, pay attention to details, work efficiently, troubleshoot and work independently as well as in a team environment. The right candidate will be well-organized, flexible, and able to deliver high quality results on time. This position will be located at our West Lafayette, IN site.
AS A RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, YOU WILL….
- Perform plant transformation in multiple commercially-relevant crops using established production protocols
- Initiate and maintain in vitro plant cultures in a high throughput setting
- Maintain a clean working environment for plant tissue culture experiments
- Maintain detailed and organized records of work, project data and other information as needed
- Work with colleagues to troubleshoot and develop effective solutions when problems occur
- Participate in scientific discussions and present research outcomes to peers and management
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Plant Biology, Microbiology or related subject with 1+ years laboratory experience
- Experience with monocot and/or dicot plant tissue culture and genetic transformation technologies
- Experience with aseptic techniques in laminar flow and bio-containment hoods
- Experience with bacterial cell culture
- Understanding of microbiology and molecular biology principles/techniques
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organization and execution skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Show initiative, have good judgment and be willing to take on additional tasks/ and responsibilities as needed to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to challenge status quo in a constructive manner
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up company environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Energy, self-motivation, ownership and focused execution
- Curiosity; desire to continuously learn and have a meaningful impact
- A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- 1 year experience with plant tissue culture in an industry environment
- Knowledge of plant transformation technologies
- Experience with basic molecular biology
- Experience with light and fluorescent microscopy
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Mail, Docs, Slides, Sheets and Drive) and Cloud-based electronic notebook software
- Experience with basic Lab Information Systems (LIMS) software