WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
Responsible for support of a plant pathology research program including disease screens, disease nurseries, disease identification, inoculum preparation, and supervision of assisting personnel. In addition to pathology functions, the position will also be responsible for most aspects of our operational and testing activities at inbred and hybrid research sites.
- Support a field-oriented plant pathology program that services various groups within Research and Commercial organizations.
- Participate in seed packaging, planting, pathogen culture, inoculation, pollinating, note taking, visual rating, harvest, and shelling.
- Organize and conduct field experiments. This includes site selection, planting, scouting, coordination of field activities, spraying, and timely harvest.
- Operation of field research equipment such as planters and combines.
- Maintain complete and accurate nursery and trial records in the database.
- Organize and maintain inventory of genetic material in storage.
- Recruit, supervise, and train seasonal employees.
- Champion and demonstrate the AgReliant Genetics Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Promote a positive image of the company and the research department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in plant pathology, agronomy, plant breeding, or related field.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience working within field-focused research programs
- Strong pathology background
- Experience operating and repairing agricultural equipment desired
- Experience with leading and managing support staff
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects and teams and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently when needed
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong ability to learn multiple computer programs for data collection and retrieval
- Record of innovation and process improvement in a research program
- Must be able to obtain a pesticide/herbicide applicator license
- Ability to lift to 65 lbs
- Ability to travel 40 nights per year, including weekends.
- Ability to work extended hours outdoors during the entire growing season.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR requirements.