For more than 90 years, our flagship seed brand, Pioneer® is a globally recognized leader in the agriculture industry. Innovation and quality seed products start with the dedicated teams at our field research centers who are experts in their field of study.
As a Research Associate (RA), you will be a key contributor for a variety of activities at the Princeton, IN research center. You will be an integral member of a multi-crop research center committed to developing and characterizing corn, soybeans, wheat, and more. You will play a key role in supporting all projects at the research center through activities including experiment planning, data collection and analysis, and field operations including planting, pollinating and harvest.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Do:
- Operate agricultural research equipment, including tractors, planters, sprayers, forklifts, and research combines.
- Follow specific protocols to collect, analyze and distribute large volumes of data
- Assist with research center projects and research seed production activities, including seed preparation for planting, pollinating, and combine/hand harvest. These are critical times for the success of the research program, so weekend work and overtime will be required at these times.
- Collaborate with experiment managers to summarize results of experiments, note problem areas during data collection, and recommend actions
- Effectively communicate with growers, coworkers, key customers and management.
- Use technology, including drones, ipads and modern software tools to conduct field research experiments
- May manage and direct the work of temporary and seasonal employees
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and respectful work environment
- Provide support for other research projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in agriculture or scientific field with 0-4 years. Experience in agronomy, Biology, Plant Breeding or a scientific-related field
What Skills You Need:
- Technologically Savvy: Aptitude for operating and learning to use planting and harvest equipment. Competency with standard Microsoft Office programs and capacity to learn new technologies and software. Handling of large volumes of data will be required.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Results Driven: Self-motivated and ability to initiate projects, improvements, decisions, and problem solving. Detail-oriented, strong time management and organizational skills.
- Safety Oriented: Commitment to excellent safety and risk management practices
- Will be required to do physical lifting and work outdoors and in varying ergonomic environments. Must be capable of lifting 60 pounds.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule including shift work and overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- Additional hours and weekends during seasonal peak periods, including some overnight stays.
- Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and ability to obtain CMV
VISA Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law’ poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.