Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind. As a Research Associate, you will provide operational support and day-to-day management of corn, soybean, and field pea product development at the Orange City, IA, Research Center. You will be involved in all phases of planting, growing, phenotyping, and harvesting research materials to meet pre-commercial product advancement and data quality goals. You will adopt and implement evolving technologies and methodologies that enhance and improve product development.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate to join our team in Orange City, IA.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Conduct field experiments through to completion according to specific protocols, exercising independent judgment and discretion as appropriate.
- Collaborate with local and departmental staff to collect timely data and summarize results of experiments, noting problem areas during data collection and recommending actions to be taken where needed.
- Utilize expertise to develop a leadership role within activities.
- Engage with the local team to support station assignments, efficient work planning, and process improvement.
- Lead in site safety culture and ensure adherence to safety standards.
- Always Uphold Corteva Agriscience Core Values.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural/biological sciences with minimum 2 years field research experience, Master’s degree, or similar level of research experience.
- Team player – we are a multi-crop research center, so successful candidate will work across crops and assigned projects.
- Ability to operate field equipment. Research or field production equipment experience desired to contribute immediately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, adept at using standard software programs and learning internal data systems.
- Early adopter of technology-data collection methodologies that evolve rapidly.
- Flexibility to work extended days and weekends at critical times of the season. With some overnight stays required.
- Physical lifting and working in varying environments will be required.
- Valid driver’s license required. Ability to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle for trailer towing is preferred.
- Ability to obtain FAA Part 107 drone license.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!