Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we’ve intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE…
This is a great opportunity for a highly-motivated and dedicated Research Associate to join our Plant Characterization Team to enhance Inari’s product development pipeline. This is a hands-on, lab-based role with a focus on high-throughput genotyping, and DNA extraction. You will engage as an analytical focal point to support genotyping for breeding and genomic prediction. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity in a fast-growing and production environment, this role is for you. The role will be based in West Lafayette, IN.
AS A MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, YOU WILL….
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a molecular characterization and genotyping platform in support of ongoing gene editing, breeding and product development efforts
- Perform sample processing and DNA extraction using a high-throughput nucleic acid platform; Continuously optimize the current extraction platform for higher throughput and cost efficiency
- Perform SNP and transgenic target detection assay using PCR-based genotyping platform
- Perform Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) library (e.g. amplicon-seq and GBS) preparation/QC for Illumina sequencing to support high-throughput genotyping
- Develop and deploy appropriate automation / robotics to aid processing and improve throughput on the genotyping platform
- Communicate results to stakeholders in written technical reports and oral presentations
- Scout for new technologies and identify innovative solutions to optimize current genotyping toolbox to increase the quality and throughput in a production-scale environment
- Participate in experimental design and genotyping troubleshooting, developing high-throughput methodologies and assays
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2+ years lab experience or Master’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. molecular biology, genetics, plant biotechnology) or equivalent lab experience
- Knowledge of general molecular biology and an interest in agriculture sciences
- Extensive demonstrated experience with molecular biology assays and associated instrumentation in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantification, PCR amplification, qPCR
- Demonstrable skills in NGS library preparation and Illumina sequencing technology
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, production environment
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Experience in PCR-based genotyping technology such as KASP, TaqMan
- Experience in sequencing-based genotyping technology using Illumina technology
- Experience performing assays on an automated liquid handling platform
- Experience in working with LIMS
FOR U.S. CANDIDATES: Please note that we use the resume you submit with your application during our background check process. To ensure an efficient and accurate background verification, we kindly ask that you carefully review and accurately represent your work history, education and other relevant information on your resume. Any discrepancies or inaccuracies found during the background check may impact your candidacy for the position.