This position will assist in the management and organization of breeding activities in cotton, as well as data collection and trial execution efforts for the Corcoran Research Station.
Assist in the execution of the cotton breeding program, population development and research seed production.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you! * Maintain and improve the efficiency and safety of daily workplace operations.
- Manage team resources: employees, equipment, discretionary funds, etc.
- Collect data and assess data quality.
- The Research Associate will be expected to contribute to the joint success of all research groups at the Corcoran Research Station.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or scientific related field plus 2-4 years industry related experience required or Master’s degree and up to 2 years industry related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent communication/personal interaction skills to foster teamwork, enhance a positive work environment, and effectively develop strong internal and external working relationships with a diverse group of people
- Be able to effectively communicate in Spanish is preferred
- Strong experience and skills with computers and data management.
- Strong aptitude to operate and maintain planting and harvest equipment including electronics, GPS systems and data collection systems.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, operational safety, supervision and time management.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Must be capable of working in varying ergonomic and environmental conditions for extended periods of time.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!