At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The Research Associate will be supporting the site’s daily activities for seed receiving, packaging, organizing, and distribution, you will work closely with site leadership to shape the standard operating procedures. You will monitor and supervise contract workers to ensure daily work goals are met and that the equipment and employees are meeting quality standards. This role will require six months of overnight work from December – May. During the overnight work schedule, you will ensure safe operation of select warehouse activities with a drive to meet operational throughput goals. During the months of June – November, you will incorporate with the daytime staff in order to achieve production and operational goals.
Responsibilities – What you will do:
- Train and supervise temporary/seasonal labor.
- Assist in day-to-day computer related activities.
- Prepare, document, and train on site’s standard operating procedures.
- Assist in future projects and perform other duties as requested.
- Ensure that facility safety policies are communicated, followed, and enforced.
- Ensure that facility security policies are communicated, followed, and enforced.
Qualifications – What you will bring:
- candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Systems Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Be a coachable employee and have the ability to take constructive feedback.
- Willingness to work irregular and overtime hours as needed.
- Exceptional teamwork and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office programs such as Excel, Outlook, and Access.
- Show a willingness to learn new skills and understand new processes.
Preferred Qualifications – Nice to have:
- Familiarity with production agriculture or seed production a plus.
- Knowledge of research-scale seed processing equipment and best practices.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It’s nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers’ Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
- Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law’ poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.