Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated Research Associate to join our Applied Breeding Technologies and Genomics (ABTG) team, within the ‘Seed Product Development (SPD) function. The individual will contribute to innovative cross functional research aimed at developing genomic and marker tools that directly support commercial breeding product development for various Corteva crops. This is a hands-on, lab (and analyses) focused role in the areas of native trait marker discovery & development. The role provides an exciting opportunity to learn many facets of molecular breeding processes, native trait characterization and seed product development, and collaboration with diverse stake holders.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- This position would be primarily responsible for developing the genotyping assays required for diverse breeding activities, including germplasm characterization, native trait fine-mapping and integration, forward breeding, and genetic purity evaluation across various Corteva crops. This position will work closely with a supervisor, team members, and key stakeholders to plan and initiate experiments, obtain necessary information and material, and communicate results. Additionally, the researcher will play an active role supporting diverse research goals. The (Senior) Research Associate will perform standard molecular biology techniques including:
- DNA extractions, PCR, and qPCR
- Planting seed and processing tissue samples for molecular analysis
- Data management, analysis, interpretation and communication
- Inventory maintenance
- The candidate will also be expected to provide support for the maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment and other day to day lab responsibilities
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- A B.S/MS degree in Plant Breeding, Biochemistry, Genetics or similar discipline with up to five years of related experience.
- Self-motivation and the ability to initiate projects, make decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with computer tools like Office and data management programs
- Advanced skills in Excel; proficiency in programing languages (Python, R) is desired
- Experience in sequence analyses and manipulation.
- Experience with high throughput genotyping (e,g, KASP, TaqMan, Illumina or sequencing based methods), and genomics is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to foster teamwork, enhance a positive working environment, and develop strong internal and external working relationships with a diverse group of people.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Benefits: Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!