Explore research careers and be a part of something bigger!
Covance by Labcorp helps to develop new drugs, medical devices and diagnostics. Your role is vital to improving the health of family, friends and animals.
What you will be doing:
As a Research Assistant (Study Technician) you’ll apply your scientific education and curiosity to researching the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of newly developed drugs through animal research studies. Your work will provide insight into the safety and efficacy of newly developed mediations before potential human clinical trails. We are open to a variety of backgrounds with mostly common being candidates including those with majors in Animal Science, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Veterinary Technology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Pre-Vet or similar majors. We are also open to candidates with AS and/or 2+ years of college in related fields. Duties include but not limited to;
***Based on expansion at the Greenfiled Indiana location we have 13 openings with start dates April through early June***
- Maintaining the highest standards of animal care and welfare in accordance with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC).
- Handling and restraining animals
- Administering test items
- Collecting biological samples
- Monitoring food consumption and performing clinical observations
- Collecting and reviewing data in accordance with the Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLP) and standard operating procedures
- Organizing study related activities and data
- Working in a fast paced, team environment.
How you will be rewarded!
Working in Greenfield, Indiana as a Research Assistant (Study Technician) Animal Operations :
- Extensive training-the first 6 months will be focused on training! Areas covered but not limited to proper laboratory procedures, animal research procedures, GLP (Good Laboratory Practices), laboratory reporting and documentation and much more! All this is meant to ensure you have knowledge and skills to soar in your work!
- Day time work hours, during training work hours are 8:00am-4:30pm, once fully trained flexible start times as early as 6:00am or as late as 9:00am, does require working every 3rd weekend and some holidays.
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) in the first year along with 7 paid holidays.
- Robust benefit offerings that start the first of the month including 3 medical plans, 2 dental, 401K with 5% matching funds, tuition reimbursement and rewards focused on keeping the mind, body and person financially healthy.
- Starting pay rates for candidates without hands on animal research experience $16.00 per hour with .50 increase at 6 months, higher pay rates for candidates with hands on animal research, veterinary tech experience, or related areas
Access to growth opportunities
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities
- Personalized development planning
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths
We provide extensive training — open to a variety of backgrounds!
AS/BS in Animal Science, Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Nursing or Pre-Vet Major
AS/BS in Biology, Microbiology, Zoology, Animal Welfare, Chemistry, Immunology, Biotechnology, Wildlife Management, Ecology or related Science majors
2 years of college courses such as Biology, Anatomy, Microbiology, or related fields
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in non-related field and 1-2 years of hands on animal care in laboratory or farming operation
HS Diploma or GED and 4+ years of animal care and/or animal breeding or related experience in research or farming operation
Prior experience in research or animal care is helpful but not required.
Work is performed in accordance with Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALACi), and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) guidelines.