Labcorp Drug Development (formerly Covance) is recognized as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people. Our team is driven by an energizing purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you can play a role in bringing new scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives of millions. Join us and discover your extraordinary potential.
Research Assistant (Study Tech) Animal Operations, Greenfield Indiana
$4,000 sign on bonus!
What will you be doing?
Your work will contribute to improving the lives and wellness of both people and animals around the world. In this position you will be conducting Animal Research studies that will be looking at the safety, effectiveness and toxicity of drugs that are in early development phase and/or chemical substances. You’ll be maintaining the highest standards of animal care and welfare in accordance with Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC). Some of the most common tasks include performing various dosing techniques, may perform bleeding techniques, may collect biological samples, basic measurements such as body weight, food consumption, body temperature, blood pressure, etc. In this position your work will play a key role in bringing new scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives of millions!
Extensive Training Provided!
- The first 6 months will be focused on training! We want to provide you the tools and resources to soar in your work!
What do we look for in our new hires?
- Strong commitment to providing excellent care to all animals!
- A passion for research and science
- Ability to follow Research Study procedures and document findings
- Good time management skills
- Prior Animal Research experience is great but not required
- A desire to learn as we provide extensive training!
What do we provide?
- Day time work hours, during training work hours are usually 7:00-3:30pm, once fully trained you can take advantage of our flexible start times as early as 6:00am or as late as 9:00am, will require working every 3rd weekend and some holidays.
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) in the first year along with 7 paid holidays.
- Robust benefit offerings that start the first of the month including 3 medical plans, 2 dental, 401K with 5% matching funds, tuition reimbursement and rewards focused on keeping the mind, body and person financially healthy.
- $4,000 sign on bonus ($2,000 upon hire and $2,000 at 6 months) in addition to .50 increase at approximately 6 months and great opportunities for growth.
- Starting pay rates for Trainee Level $17.00 and $18.00 for Study Tech Animal Research Assistant. Higher pay rates may be available for candidate with 2+ years of animal research experience
- Fantastic growth opportunities for you to grow your knowledge and career
- A business causal dress code that includes blue jeans. When working in the lab we provide AND launder scrubs for you!
Open to a variety of backgrounds!
AS/BS in Animal Science, Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Nursing or Pre-Vet Major
AS/BS in Biology, Microbiology, Zoology, Animal Welfare, Chemistry, Immunology, Biotechnology, Wildlife Management, Ecology or related Science majors
2 years of college courses such as Biology, Anatomy, Microbiology, or related fields
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in non-related field and 1-2 years of hands on animal care in laboratory or farming operation
HS Diploma or GED and 4+ years of animal care and/or animal breeding or related experience in research or farming operation
Fantastic Growth potential! We invest in growing your career from Labcorp Education Advantage program, Tuition Reimbursement, Mentoring programs and much more.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.