The Andersons, Inc. – Logansport, IN
Each year, as part of the Renewables segment, The Andersons refines corn into millions of gallons of ethanol, a low-cost, clean-burning, high-octane, renewable fuel product for refiners, fuel blenders, and convenience stores.
Our investment in ethanol is a natural extension of our core business competencies in grain operations, corn originations, and commodity processing. We are a significant investor in, as well as manage the operations of, The Andersons Marathon Holdings LLC, with four plants located in Albion, Michigan; Clymers, Indiana; Greenville, Ohio; and Denison, Iowa.
In addition to ethanol, these facilities collectively produce E-85, feed products, and corn oil, which is key to the renewable diesel industry.
The Engineering Co-op position will place a student in a professional environment, allowing them to apply knowledge and skills at an increasing level of responsibility, often over multiple stages of a co-op assignment. The core responsibility will be to support the overall department in achieving goals and supporting current projects and/or engineering activities in a capacity reflective of the student’s ability and growth.
- Act as a team member in supporting engineering projects and activities, this includes collecting data for program managers, coordinating specific tasks, and drawing on the principles of science, technology, and mathematics to assist in developing creative solutions.
- Expedite the in-house design of engineering projects and specifications of functional requirements of the project, as needed. Demonstrate increasing levels of ownership and responsibility for activities and projects as progression is made toward the final stages of co-op.
- Work closely with operations and engineering staff, as well as contractors/vendors (as needed), in planning and supporting engineering activities/projects, conducting structural assessments, data collection, drafting, gauging bids/estimates, AutoCAD assignments, etc.
- Perform systems and information upkeep, and manage administrative duties such as drawings scanning, document handling and storage, and preparation of technical reports and summaries as dictated by stage of co-op.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has basic skills in an analytical or scientific method or operational process
- Works within clearly defined standard operations procedures and or scientific methods and adheres to quality guidelines
- Works with close supervision
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 0-2 years’ relevant experience required
Internship – Additional Skills/Qualifications
Education: 2 years’ progress in working towards a bachelor’s degree in chemical and/or mechanical engineering. Junior standing, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Additional Skills: Strong communication, computer, problem solving, research, and time management skills. Along with an ability to work independently and in a team setting.
Working Conditions: Ability to frequently lift/push/pull up to 60 pounds. Must be able to climb/stoop/kneel at heights up to 50 feet. Works in varying weather conditions and temperatures. Working conditions could include: dust, fumes and noise
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons’ Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
PHISHING SCAM WARNING: The Andersons is aware of the continued increase of phishing scams, leveraging various methods of attack via email, text, voice and social media. Please note that The Andersons only uses company email addresses, which contain “@andersonsinc.com”, to communicate with candidates via email. If you are contacted by someone about an open job at The Andersons, please verify the domain of the sender’s email address and that they are asking you to apply on this website. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing scam, please visit the Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber Smart website to learn how to report it.